can u bros help me out,,,,you guys seem like fantasy gods - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

can u bros help me out,,,,you guys seem like fantasy gods

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Reills » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:45 pm

Go for the backs, you can pick up a decent QB late, last year i got culpepper late, due to his season before, but now everyone is high on him, so he's near the top.
D.D. Flanks
Sandbox
Beers4Life
QB:Vick,Big Ben, Brees, Ramsey
RB:F.Taylor,Barber,Goings, Duckett, J.Jones, Betts
WR:Mason,D. Jackson, Lelie, Evans
K-Tynes
TE-Wiggy
D:Reed, P.Kerney, Azumah
Reills
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tyr » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:46 pm

You need to read the above posts. Yes, QBs score more on average, but 1-10 QBs are fairly close in total points, 1-10 RBs are very distanced, and it keeps going down. The difference between Manning and Brady is nowhere near the difference between Priest and Travis Henry. Also, with 1 pt per 5 yds rushing and a pt for reception it evens out QBs monster numbers. Gotta get an RB in round 1, and probably round 2 with an 8 team league. Period.

The difference between Manning and CPep is much larger under this scoring system than the difference between Manning and Brady or McNair would be in a standard points league. If you run the points, there's a huge point drop after the CPep/Manning/Vick trio.

The difference between RBs is much less in this scoring system as well, if my numbers are correct. Because of the point per reception, receiving backs gain quite a bit, which levels out the playing RB field after the LT2/Priest drop off.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:23 pm

Tyr wrote:

receiving backs gain quite a bit, which levels out the playing RB field after the LT2/Priest drop off.

How? LT2 is THE PREMIERE receiving back in the league...how does that level the competition? :-?
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:31 pm

deftdelivery wrote:
Tyr wrote:

receiving backs gain quite a bit, which levels out the playing RB field after the LT2/Priest drop off.

How? LT2 is THE PREMIERE receiving back in the league...how does that level the competition? :-?

Plus Priest had 70 catches last year. This just hurts the value of Corey Dillon, Jamal Lewis, Rudi Johnson, Travis Henry and definetly drops Alexander below Deuce.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk