Rashaun Woods Hamstring... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rashaun Woods Hamstring...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rashaun Woods Hamstring...

Postby BeefSandwiches » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:38 pm

From Rototimes.com -

There is no timetable for Rashaun Woods (WR) SF to return from his hamstring injury and the 49ers don't want him to practice until he's fully recovered, according to the San Jose Mercury News.

Somebody has to catch passes out there and I was planning on taking him late and stashing him on the bench (deep league) - who's going to be the man along side Lloyd? Curtis Conway?
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:45 pm

A lot of possible starters in San Fran, I'm not liking Woods right now. With Hamilton, Battle, Wilson, and Conway all looking to take that starting spot it would not be wise to assume anything from Woods.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:47 pm

Let's look at the receivers ahead of Woods:

1) Lloyd (appears to be the heir apparent in San Fran)

2) Wilson (who is getting no love, but is listed on the depth chart as #1 and is looking good)

3) Conway (who has proven he can get it done in the NFL, unlike all the other SF wideouts)

4) Arnaz Battle (often forgotten about, but loved by coaches and currently holds the number 4 spot: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns)

5) and THEN an injured Rashaun Woods, who is recovering from his SECOND hamstring injury of the season (which hasn't begun yet)...

I dropped him for Darius Watts early this week....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:54 pm

That hamstring injury sucks for Woods. My guess is Wilson will end up being the #2 for the start of the season, though Hamilton apparently has been coming along well. He is a nice dark horse in this group imo. He is fast and has great size (6'3"). By the time the middle of the season comes around, it's a crapshoot as to who will be the major producers at Wr for the Niners. Though they lost TO, I think they still have a lot of upside with their young Wr's.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:57 pm

Does anyone else think one of these guys is going to have a massive yr? Im talking about a top 15 WR. Im not into betting which one because right now its a bit of a crapshoot, but I can completely see Rattay having a fav WR that he goes to often as SF plays from behind.

Is Lloyd the next Boldin?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:59 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Does anyone else think one of these guys is going to have a massive yr? Im talking about a top 15 WR. Im not into betting which one because right now its a bit of a crapshoot, but I can completely see Rattay having a fav WR that he goes to often as SF plays from behind.

I doubt it...

But Battle might be... ;-D (if he gets the playing time...)

You heard it here first....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 9er Fan » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:53 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Does anyone else think one of these guys is going to have a massive yr? Im talking about a top 15 WR. Im not into betting which one because right now its a bit of a crapshoot, but I can completely see Rattay having a fav WR that he goes to often as SF plays from behind.

No. I could see Lloyd having a very nice year (1000 and 7), but there's no way he comes close to Boldin's numbers from last year. Barlow, on the other hand, I see having a huge year (1650 total yards and double digit TDs).
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:02 pm

9er Fan wrote:No. I could see Lloyd having a very nice year (1000 and 7), but there's no way he comes close to Boldin's numbers from last year. Barlow, on the other hand, I see having a huge year (1650 total yards and double digit TDs).

1000 and 7 would put him in the top 15-20 range for WRs. SSmith had 1100 and 7 and he was the 13th best WR last yr.

I still see SF having a rough yr and having to play from behind often thus inflating a WRs stats. No offense, 9er Fan, but if SF wins more than 4 games this yr it will be just short of a miracle.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 9er Fan » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
9er Fan wrote:No. I could see Lloyd having a very nice year (1000 and 7), but there's no way he comes close to Boldin's numbers from last year. Barlow, on the other hand, I see having a huge year (1650 total yards and double digit TDs).

1000 and 7 would put him in the top 15-20 range for WRs. SSmith had 1100 and 7 and he was the 13th best WR last yr.

I still see SF having a rough yr and having to play from behind often thus inflating a WRs stats. No offense, 9er Fan, but if SF wins more than 4 games this yr it will be just short of a miracle.

I was referring to your question of whether Lloyd was the next Boldin.

Also, I never claimed SF was going to have a good year. SD won 4 games last year and LT did Ok, Jacksonville won 5 games and Taylor wasn't bad, how about Buffalo (6 wins) with Henry? Barlow is going to be the cornerstone of the offense this year. Rattay has three starts to his name and is hurt (Dorsey has never taken a regular season snap), and Lloyd has something like 22 career catches. Barlow's backup is Jamal Robertson for god's sake.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DUKE » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:21 pm

Hey 9er fan, I remember hearing that Dorsey impressed the team last season in practices. Have you heard anything on how he's looking running with the first team?
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Next

Return to Football Talk