Rashaun Woods Hamstring... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rashaun Woods Hamstring...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:22 pm

9er Fan wrote:I was referring to your question of whether Lloyd was the next Boldin.

Also, I never claimed SF was going to have a good year. SD won 4 games last year and LT did Ok, Jacksonville won 5 games and Taylor wasn't bad, how about Buffalo (6 wins) with Henry? Barlow is going to be the cornerstone of the offense this year. Rattay has three starts to his name and is hurt (Dorsey has never taken a regular season snap), and Lloyd has something like 22 carrer catches. Barlow's backup is Jamal Robertson for god's sake.

Jamal Robertson is a stud! He'll suprise you. :-] ;-7

Good points about those other teams - I guess I see SF as a very bad team this yr that will be playing from pretty deep deficits fairly often. Those other teams you mentioned didnt really fall into that cat - except SD.

I see defenses dictating what options the SF offense has. I think they will simply load up on stopping Barlow and force Rattay to beat them. With this theory I can see a WR in SF having a very good fantasy yr.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 9er Fan » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:35 pm

One thing you may want to keep in mind about the 49'ers is that their defense should actually be pretty good. Perhaps the best in the NFC West (granted that isn't saying much). Their defense should certainly be much better than Arizona or the Rams (Seattle could be better depending on how the new additions fit in).

Peterson is one of the best LB in the NFL (and has said he won't holdout into the season), Plummer, easily their best CB, was in and out with injuries last year, and they should have more depth along the D-Line. In general, its a young defense that now has one more year of experience to build on (new D-coordinator could of course change things for good or bad).

As for the Dorsey question, he has been taking a lot of snaps with the first team and impressed the coaches. Rattay is in no danger of losing his job, but 49'er coaches all say Dorsey looks great (but of course they will say that).

Dorsey article:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2004/08/01/SPGMM810TB1.DTL
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:44 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Let's look at the receivers ahead of Woods:

1) Lloyd (appears to be the heir apparent in San Fran)

2) Wilson (who is getting no love, but is listed on the depth chart as #1 and is looking good)

3) Conway (who has proven he can get it done in the NFL, unlike all the other SF wideouts)

4) Arnaz Battle (often forgotten about, but loved by coaches and currently holds the number 4 spot: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns)

5) and THEN an injured Rashaun Woods, who is recovering from his SECOND hamstring injury of the season (which hasn't begun yet)...

I dropped him for Darius Watts early this week....
Actually Plindsey, from everything I've read, Hamilton is even ahead of Woods at the moment. The couple of times that I've seen him this year, he's looked really solid. That being said, the latest scuttle out here is that Conway is bordering on picking up the #2 spot as he's having a great camp. Wilson would then move to the slot where he is a little better suited. If Wilson ends up at the #2 spot, do keep an eye on him as he could have a nice season. Lloyd could very well post a 50-60 catch season which would be a very nice year for him. If you want a dark horse, look for Battle to make a solid contribution this year.

As for Dorsey, as 9er said, Rattay is in danger of losing his job. I don't really think it would be much of a contest at all if Rattay is healthy, but he's not right now. Hopefully Dorsey continues to grow because right now, he's marginal at best.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

as a clemson fan...

Postby bnjamin10 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:32 pm

If derrick Hamilton would have stayed in college 1 more year he would hve proably been a 1st rounder. He can look like the best reciever ever as he catches a 5 yard pass and take 70 yards for teh td but all to often he muffs the pass inside. THis is based on his college career at clemson but i see him as rip van winkle sleeper
bnjamin10
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk