McGahee wants to be traded if not named the starter - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McGahee wants to be traded if not named the starter

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Offensive line questions

Postby CC » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:07 am

georgiadawg wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but what' s the word on the Offensive Lines in Detroit, Houston, Cleavland, Dallas, and Washington?

Dallas and Cleveland are terrible. Houston is not very good. Washington is middle-of-the-road. Detorit is very good.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:18 am

Nice thread hi-jacking, georgiagawg!
CC, I don't know that I would say that the Lions' O-line is even good. That they didn't give up sacks was more a product of the great Russian QB Joey Check-off than of a great pocket protection. The fact is it remains to be seen if this line will be able to run block effectively. I don't like Riola and Loverne much. All I know of Loverne is that he was supposed to be a back-up, and Riola is a terrible center. Hopefully they will both prove me wrong.

Oh, and does anyone think that Henry and MaGahee wanting to be the man may be a good thing?..for the Bills, not FFers. Competetion nevers hurts and the words can be forgotten once the actions talk.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby georgiadawg » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:22 am

oooops, my previous post was supposed to be a "new topic". sorry....
georgiadawg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Yianni2112 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:11 pm

This is all created by his agent I'm sure.

I see Henry leaving this year let's see what happens?
Yianni2112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:16 pm

Impressionable wrote:
Azrael wrote:
TTTBone wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:
TTTBone wrote:Of course, I could be completely wrong and one of these guys could take a hard-line approach and sit out. But that would be a dumb approach, and seems doubtful to me.

Never ever misunderestimate stupidity.

LOL, I sincerely hope you realize you're using a Bushism, King.

Willis is using his strategery. But seriously, I'm sort of a 'Canes fan but most Miami guys could use about a month on the front lines in Iraq to see what true men are.

And so could everyone in the bloody NFL, what else is new? Ripping on Canes' doesn't prove anything, it just shows how ignorant you are to the general situation of the NFL. Players trash talk all the time, if Ray Lewis was quote in quote "unproven", you would all say he's being classless by wanting to start. You play to start. McGahee's agent said he WOULD play in his first year. He didn't, he's tired of it, his contract has implications of him wanting to play. It happens, get over it. Whining about people asking to be traded is like whining about injuries, you're crying to the choir.

*votes for this guy to get an L*
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Spider-Monk » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:58 pm

Yianni2112 wrote:This is all created by his agent I'm sure.

I see Henry leaving this year let's see what happens?

I totally agree ;-D
Spider-Monk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Impressionable » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:03 pm

Azrael wrote:*votes for this guy to get an L*

So using logical fallacy in debates suddenly makes you good? Did you learn to debate in Anger Management? I'm not going to even bother, but when you state most of the Canes could use a month in Iraq, you're displaying your ignorance on the topic.
[[Placeholder]]
Impressionable
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:05 pm

Impressionable wrote:

So using logical fallacy in debates suddenly makes you good? Did you learn to debate in Anger Management? I'm not going to even bother, but when you state most of the Canes could use a month in Iraq, you're displaying your ignorance on the topic.

He said "*votes for this guy to get an L*" and you said "And so could everyone in the bloody NFL, what else is new? Ripping on Canes' doesn't prove anything, it just shows how ignorant you are to the general situation of the NFL" and hes the one who needs Anger Management?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Impressionable » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:10 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Impressionable wrote:

He said "*votes for this guy to get an L*" and you said "And so could everyone in the bloody NFL, what else is new? Ripping on Canes' doesn't prove anything, it just shows how ignorant you are to the general situation of the NFL" and hes the one who needs Anger Management?

It's clear near everyone in the NFL would NOT spend any time in Iraq, and any hope of them doing so is folly. Why do you think Pat Tillman got so much attention from the rest of the league as a hero? Simply because he was the only one that would do it. If he thinks that the rest of the NFL wouldn't be affected, but rather only the Canes, he displays his ignorance on the subject. A completely acceptable point in any debate. His response is that he wants me to have an L.

If you can't figure this out here, you need a class in debate, don't make me have to list out exactly which fallacy in logic he used, as that won't get anywhere.

It's similar toward KG making references towards his weapons and K2 saying he's a [beeping] soldier. Any references thereof towards war is rather unwelcome and doesn't get anywhere.
Last edited by Impressionable on Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[[Placeholder]]
Impressionable
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:15 pm

I understand what you're saying, but how do his comments demonstrate that he learned his debating skills in an Anger Management class? You're the only one getting riled up here.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk