McGahee wants to be traded if not named the starter - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McGahee wants to be traded if not named the starter

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:17 pm

Impressionable wrote:
Azrael wrote:*votes for this guy to get an L*

So using logical fallacy in debates suddenly makes you good? Did you learn to debate in Anger Management? I'm not going to even bother, but when you state most of the Canes could use a month in Iraq, you're displaying your ignorance on the topic.

He was just pointing out that this offseason we have seen selfish public whining from Portis, Winslow, and now McGahee. Yes, it goes beyond the ex-Canes but if you can't admit that they have been the most public this spring/summer then you are the one that is displaying your ignorance by refusing to admit the obvious.

Trust me, you don't want to tangle with Azrael in a debate, and don't look now but you got CC in on it, too. You should probably calm down and move along.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Impressionable » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:19 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I understand what you're saying, but how do his comments demonstrate that he learned his debating skills in an Anger Management class? You're the only one getting riled up here.

Let me help here. During any debate, you are allowed to attack any POINT, be it concede or refute them. However, you may not say "You deserve an L, therefore your debate is invalid" as your debate. Attacking the person of the debate only demonstrates your ignorance and a narrow mind. I said, if that is your entire debate, you must have learned it in anger management, as it's clearly a baseless and pointless post, and would probably be warned for spam if a warning system existed on this forum. Now, IF that wasn't his only point, the above statement is nullified, because it is an "if, then" statement.

If he wishes to take the gloves off and make low blows in his debate, I will happily oblige in a tangle, but it accomplishes nothing towards the topic and does not benefit any party.

Gunslinger wrote:He was just pointing out that this offseason we have seen selfish public whining from Portis, Winslow, and now McGahee. Yes, it goes beyond the ex-Canes but if you can't admit that they have been the most public this spring/summer then you are the one that is displaying your ignorance by refusing to admit the obvious.

Trust me, you don't want to tangle with Azrael in a debate, and don't look now but you got CC in on it, too. You should probably calm down and move along.

I'm game, name a topic and I'll debate it. I do have experience in numerous debates, so just because I haven't been around as long as another member doesn't equal an automatic victory. So Portis, Winslow, McGahee has whined before. It doesn't support a baseless attack in general towards the university of Miami, and in this case could just be a unsupported coincidence towards good players. Good players tend to have big egos, and there is no denying that Miami has cranked out it's fair share of good players. Trying to make ANY further correlation here is folly. You certainly can't make any claim that Miami teaches it's football players to whine and bitch, so anything that comes of this can simply be viewed as coincidence until further proven.
[[Placeholder]]
Impressionable
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:25 pm

You can however, make the claim that Miami tolerates its players whining and bitching. They are not exactly the poster university for student-athletes and unlike other universities (Georgia, for example) they have no problem with having thugs and criminals in their programs (Antrel Rolle, Willie Williams).
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:29 pm

Not to get too far off topic, but it's no mere coincidence...Miami will take any good player regardless of the baggage they bring along with them (Willie Williams anyone?), their coaching staff is very mild manored, and they are very lenient on players in terms of punishments, suspensions, etc.

They don't 'create' the attidutes of their players, but they certainly don't do as much as other schools to fix them.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Impressionable » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:29 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:You can however, make the claim that Miami tolerates its players whining and bitching. They are not exactly the poster university for student-athletes and unlike other universities (Georgia, for example) they have no problem with having thugs and criminals in their programs (Antrel Rolle, Willie Williams).

Yet there is no controversy like at Colorado or USC. Miami clearly recruits by talent, and let's their staff keep their egos and off the field life in check. If anything, that's admirable.
[[Placeholder]]
Impressionable
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:29 pm

Great minds think alike Free.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:31 pm

Impressionable wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:You can however, make the claim that Miami tolerates its players whining and bitching. They are not exactly the poster university for student-athletes and unlike other universities (Georgia, for example) they have no problem with having thugs and criminals in their programs (Antrel Rolle, Willie Williams).

Yet there is no controversy like at Colorado or USC. Miami clearly recruits by talent, and let's their staff keep their egos and off the field life in check. If anything, that's admirable.

I don't understand how you could possibly find that admirable, and on that note, I'm finished with this discussion.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Impressionable » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:34 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Impressionable wrote:

I don't understand how you could possibly find that admirable, and on that note, I'm finished with this discussion.

Simple, you play to win the game. Miami players may have baggage with them, but they've managed to keep their head and their ass in the game. Are they a poster school? No, but they don't claim to be. They are however, a beacon towards football talent.
[[Placeholder]]
Impressionable
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:25 pm

Nobodys debating that they are a good football school, but that they produce many assholes and thugs in their program. Ray Lewis, Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow, Willie Williams, and Warren Sapp. McGahee is on his way to joining that list. Play in a NFL game before you start demanding to start. Until then keep your mouth shut, Willis McGahee
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:42 pm

Okay, here's the point. Many respect the University of Miami for their college football tradition and their good football program. But, sportsmanship and class deserve greater respect than talent, and that is the kind of respect that Miami does not get.

Anyway, back on topic, whatchu talkin' about Willis? McGahee apparently wasn't thinking clearly when he made that statement, because now he has more trade demands than rushing attempts. That's got to be some sort of record. But those who own McGahee or Henry (or those who may consider drafting them in the future) couldn't care less about Willis' morals and are most likely jumping for joy at the moment.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk