Why is everyone so down on shockey - he's the best - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why is everyone so down on shockey - he's the best

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Manja » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:05 pm

Look man, I know you love Shockey. I'm one of the biggest Quincy Carter fans out there, but I'm not going around calling everyone homos because they don't think he's going to be the #1 quarterback in the league (I can only dream that he out performs Pennington, takes the Jets to the Superbowl and beats the Cowboy... But hell... I have a better chance of waking up as Jerry Jones...).

Pick up Shockey in the fifth. No ones stopping you. But why does everyone have to agree with what you think?
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kanezfan11 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:07 pm

migarvin take a chill... why are people "homos" and "morons" because they disagree with you? take it easy...
Last edited by kanezfan11 on Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:09 pm

Yes, a reasonable Shockey fan! I knew they existed!
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

wow

Postby migarvin » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:33 pm

i love the world against me. People are a bit too uptight - dissecting my posts to prove an argument. Well, its not working. Read carefully and you'll find that i'm not the instigator, but the one defending myself from everyone who is arguing that shockey is way overrated (how are 3rd year players overrated by the way? aren't they called busts? But setting the nfl record for yardage for a rookie tightend is overrated right?) but gonzo is the best ever when their stats are clearly the same minus a couple of touchdowns because the chiefs score more. I'd rather hear curses all day than slight comments like "maybe i should declare that antonio gates is the best and start a thread that his stats will surpass gonzo's". Come on man, thats not the point and is a retarded analogy. I'm simply asking why everyone is down on shockey: most argue that he doesn't score td's, or is injury prone or has a loud mouth. That's atleast addressing the question. There is debating that he dropped a couple of td's, broke a rib and screams at defenders. But only a couple of people undestood the question I've asked, decided to look at his stats instead of the media attention he garnered and realized that he almost eclipsed 1,000 yards his rookie year and averaged more yards per game than gonzo the last 2 years.

I'm not here making bold predictions about Shockey. But i do feel he will surpass Gonzalez this year barring any missed games. And if you look at the stats from shockey's first 2 years coupled wiht the fact of 3rd year improvement this is not unreasonable at all to predict.

By the way - Jason dunn had 3td's with 5 catches on the year. That is mad td's for a backup tightend. And i just suggested that peopel should grab an elite wideout in the 3rd as opposed to gonzo and grab shockey in the 5th/6th becuase they will have equivalent fantasy production this year not the disoriented message you were trying to explicate.

I would not have cussed at anyone if people but when people are saying im out of my mind, a lunatic and shoudl get my head check for thinking that shockey will beat out gonzo this year how should i react?

Maybe you should all challenge yourself, look at the stats and then formulate an argument with some meaning
migarvin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: wow

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:37 pm

migarvin wrote:
Maybe you should all challenge yourself, look at the stats and then formulate an argument with some meaning

Im sure alot of people are thinking the same thing about you man. This argument is a no brainer.

I love how you say they have the same stats minus "a couple of TDs". Made me laugh anyways.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:38 pm

Earlier in the thread you were saying that Gonzo will be outproduced by Shockey, and we all said that wouldn't happen. It had nothing to do with his value or such. I like Shockeys value in the 6th and possibly 5th. But until he proves he can put better numbers then Gonzalez, there is no way I can rank Shockey ahead of him. I still don't think Shockey will touch Gonzo this year for
A: Hes hurt.... again
B: He has a rookie QB
C: He has butterfingers in the end zone
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby migarvin » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:44 pm

what is so funny about td's man? Gonzo had what? 10 td's last year, 7 the year before, 6 the year before that. Heap had more yardage and 6 td's 2 years ago, becoming the yes, are you ready for this statement?, the #1 FANTASY TIGHT END IN THE NFL.

See gonzo is not untouchable like everyone is making him out to be.

Moss had 9 tds 2 years ago and 17 last year
Holt has 4 td's 2 years ago and 12 last year
Owens had 16/13 3/2 years ago and only 9 last year

Why does that make you laugh man. He can only score more. Its not like he'll be stuck with 2 td's his only career.
migarvin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:47 pm

migarvin wrote:what is so funny about td's man? Gonzo had what? 10 td's last year, 7 the year before, 6 the year before that. Heap had more yardage and 6 td's 2 years ago, becoming the yes, are you ready for this statement?, the #1 FANTASY TIGHT END IN THE NFL.

See gonzo is not untouchable like everyone is making him out to be.

Moss had 9 tds 2 years ago and 17 last year
Holt has 4 td's 2 years ago and 12 last year
Owens had 16/13 3/2 years ago and only 9 last year

Why does that make you laugh man. He can only score more. Its not like he'll be stuck with 2 td's his only career.

youre right, he will get more than 2 soon enough. But its where they are mna. I GUARANTEE gonzo gets more TDs, because hes in an offense that gets down to the redzone. When they are there, he is the #1 passing target, and he knows how to catch a ball in the redzone. If im correct, heres their TDs over the last 2 years:

Gonzo-17
Shockey-4

Thats the difference, and its not a couple. Sure Shockey will get more than 2, but i doubt he exceeds 5 or 6 this year. Gozno wont get any lower than 8.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

ok - lets put this to rest

Postby migarvin » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:52 pm

No reason to fight anymore especially since the season starts in 2 weeks. I'm sure to come back here midway through the season to talk shit and when its finished. I believe shockey wll out produce gonzo in a scoring system that allocates 6 points for td and 10 for receiving.

This won't be true by seasons end - but i doubt he exceeds 5 or 6 this year. Gozno wont get any lower than 8.

But ill own up to it if it happens
migarvin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby CC » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:15 pm

People always say that they'll be here to take the abuse if they're wrong, but no one ever really owns up to it.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk