Why is everyone so down on shockey - he's the best - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why is everyone so down on shockey - he's the best

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: ok - lets put this to rest

Postby Monty » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:24 pm

migarvin wrote:No reason to fight anymore especially since the season starts in 2 weeks. I'm sure to come back here midway through the season to talk shit and when its finished. I believe shockey wll out produce gonzo in a scoring system that allocates 6 points for td and 10 for receiving.

This won't be true by seasons end - but i doubt he exceeds 5 or 6 this year. Gozno wont get any lower than 8.

But ill own up to it if it happens

I can guarantee that you WILL NOT own up and that you will make some random excuse for why Shockey isnt doing as well as you promised
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby King Titan » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:29 pm

No doubt that Shock is super talented and had a big time rookie year but he is fast becoming the offensive version of The Tin Man Kearse with the various injuries and constant hype. Sooner or later it's time to ball ....
King Titan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:49 pm

What a lot of people miss about "consensus #1 ranked players" is that they are not locks to be the #1 player at the end of the year. The #1 player is however pretty much guaranteed to be a top performer at the end of the year. When was the last time you saw Tony Gonzalez's pull up lame and only score 2 TDs. And when was the last time you consistently saw a TE put up about 700/7 season after season. You don't and you won't because Gonzo is the only guy that has done that.

Shockey is definitely a talented individual but for whatever reason he has yet to put up the complete package together. "A few TDs" are VITAL to TEs taken with a high draft pick. TEs as a position are NOT going to get enough yardage to make a real week to week impact no matter how good they are (Shockey AND Gonzo included) Simply put if you don't get that TD from your TE, there is no advantage in drafting a Gonzo or Shockey. Any chump off the waiver wire can catch a 10 yard TD for 7 points and equal the production of your 3rd-6th round draft pick. Without those 60 yards AND a TD in any given week, your TE is not going to give you an advantage no matter what his last name is.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Dazedncnfz » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:02 pm

Ok people listen up....

First - DO NOT SWEAR OR INSULT ANYONE.

Second - PLEASE!! Do Not quote swears, it just makes more work for the mods, if your are going to quote someone who has, edit it out.

Third - DO NOT FLAME BACK, report the post and we (Mods/Admins) will take care of the problem.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:35 pm

I'm lamenting that I missed this thread.

5 pages is way too late to make a funny.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:45 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:Second - PLEASE!! Do Not quote swears, it just makes more work for the mods, if your are going to quote someone who has, edit it out.

My bad on that one, thanks, saw you edited it out.
Last edited by kanezfan11 on Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:32 pm

Ya sorry dazed, I probably went a little overboard on him.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:31 am

No worries here guys, you live and learn. The pain has been eliminated, you guys can go on and have a civil conversation now ;-D

BTW Gonzo is all over Shocky!...Now I do beleive Shocky will be a top 2-5 TE no problem, but better then Gonzo? I say no, he hasn't proven that he can be yet. All he has proven is that he can get injuryed and he has a big mouth!

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby blitzburgh31 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:37 am

shockey isn't worth a squirt of (bad word) compared to gonzo
-devildoc-
blitzburgh31
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:00 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:No worries here guys, you live and learn. The pain has been eliminated, you guys can go on and have a civil conversation now ;-D

BTW Gonzo is all over Shocky!...Now I do beleive Shocky will be a top 2-5 TE no problem, but better then Gonzo? I say no, he hasn't proven that he can be yet. All he has proven is that he can get injuryed and he has a big mouth!
Thanks dazed for putting our argument in a nutshell. migarvin, how about a little paper bag challenge? End of the season, if Gonzo outproduces Shockey, you have to wear the NYG paperbag for the span of the playoffs from wild card weekend until the end of the Super Bowl. Ill wear the Chiefs paperbag if Shockey's numbers are better.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk