Anyone ever kept a kicker LOL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone ever kept a kicker LOL

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Impressionable » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:28 pm

You get 7 keepers. If you clearly have the best best player in that field, such as a Randy Moss or a LT, slap the keeper tag on them. In this case, Vanderjagt is clearly the best kicker and can definitely benefit any team. The reason that kickers are so ridiculed is that it's not a very difficult position and there are a lot of quality kickers, but kickers can get a good deal of fantasy points, and a top kicker isn't a bad piece to the team. With 7 keepers, I can see it happening, but I'll have to see the rest of the team.

In retrospect, he could have used it on Westbrook, but it's hard to anticipate injuries. LT could have a season ending ACL and suddenly make every person who used their keeper on him look bad.
[[Placeholder]]
Impressionable
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:32 pm

Impressionable wrote:You get 7 keepers. If you clearly have the best best player in that field, such as a Randy Moss or a LT, slap the keeper tag on them. In this case, Vanderjagt is clearly the best kicker and can definitely benefit any team. The reason that kickers are so ridiculed is that it's not a very difficult position and there are a lot of quality kickers, but kickers can get a good deal of fantasy points, and a top kicker isn't a bad piece to the team. With 7 keepers, I can see it happening, but I'll have to see the rest of the team.

In retrospect, he could have used it on Westbrook, but it's hard to anticipate injuries. LT could have a season ending ACL and suddenly make every person who used their keeper on him look bad.
The thing isall kickers put up good points and can be had in the last round, and they are also wildly inconsistent from year to year. Vandy and Wilkins didnt have good 2002 years by anymeans.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Seven?

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:52 pm

Seven keepers is just silly. :-t But, I suppose if you're actually allowed to keep that many players, you may as well keep the best kicker in the NFL.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Impressionable » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:55 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
Impressionable wrote:You get 7 keepers. If you clearly have the best best player in that field, such as a Randy Moss or a LT, slap the keeper tag on them. In this case, Vanderjagt is clearly the best kicker and can definitely benefit any team. The reason that kickers are so ridiculed is that it's not a very difficult position and there are a lot of quality kickers, but kickers can get a good deal of fantasy points, and a top kicker isn't a bad piece to the team. With 7 keepers, I can see it happening, but I'll have to see the rest of the team.

The thing isall kickers put up good points and can be had in the last round, and they are also wildly inconsistent from year to year. Vandy and Wilkins didnt have good 2002 years by anymeans.

Then again, keeping all your WR is also silly, but with 7 keepers, it becomes hard not to keep some players who aren't studs. That would essentially be a keeper for all of your first 7 rounds, etc. Certainly it's farfetched, but it's unlikely you would have 7 players you would for sure want to slap a keeper tag on.
[[Placeholder]]
Impressionable
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:34 pm

We have 16 teams, 18 man rosters...7 players is hardly enough. Its almost half teh roster. We didnt want a dynasty because soem ppl wanted to draft every year, so 7 was teh number.

Vandy scored 171 pts in our system...while Shayne Graham @ #10 scored 137...a whopping difference of 34 points...so about 2 pts a week difference...if he would have kept Westbrook, he has a guy who will socre 300 pts and could be kept as insurance on CMart or traded for help elsewhere.....our ties are also broked each week by whoevers teams bench in the matchup scores the most.

I would never in my life keep a K or take one before the last two rounds...the net a person maybe 10 pts a week....I could get one that gets me around 13 per week but at what cost?
Arrowhead Nation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby terpfan » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:14 pm

no way you should be droppig westbrook for vanderjagt...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mnheadliner » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:04 am

This reminds me of those cheesy commercials where they have Vinatieri showing off his fantasy football team, all of which are kickers.

Which brings something to mind, is Vanderjagt the owner of the team who kept him? Because, this is the only reason he should have been kept!
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:32 am

lol i cant laugh too too hard. I have reserved a kicker once. It was after i gave up every solid keeper i had in an effort to make a run for the championship one year. Scarey that i actually DID keep a kicker. Scarier still that it really WAS one of my top 3 keepers........even worse yet. I dont know why i am admitting this but my very first EVER fantasy football pick was (drum roll please) a KICKER! It made perfect sense to me at the time. All the top scorers in the league every single year are kickers so to me the best player to grab was Morten Anderson. Someone said earlier, Football knowledge does not = fantasy football knowledge. The good news is 12 years later i am still playing FF, and i only made that mistake 3 more times!

INKcogKNEEdough
"THERE WAS SHRINKAGE!!!!!" - George costanza
INKcogKNEEdough
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby P. Griffin » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:50 am

Thats funny :~(
P. Griffin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator