best "handcuffing "situation?Need suggestions. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

best "handcuffing "situation?Need suggestions.

Moderator: Football Moderators

best "handcuffing "situation?Need suggestions.

Postby bruuno2 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:07 pm

My guess one of the best combos are ,S Davis>D Foster.
T Minor>S Morris?Any more good suggestions? :-?
Dan Marino......Greatest QB of all time!You sure did own Canton!
bruuno2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby buyemback » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:09 pm

S. Jackson is a must if you get Faulk, imho.
buyemback
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:03 pm

I'm not a big handcuffer. There's only two that I'd advocate.

Ahman Green/Najeh Davenport
Stephen Davis/DeShaun Foster
Marshall Faulk/Steven Jackson

I'd handcuff Najeh and Foster because they are the only backups that I think could come in and be 90% as effective.

I'd handcuff Faulk because I don't think he'll finish the season as the starter.

I've heard of people handcuffing RBBC players together, but I'd only do that in Atlanta since at worst Duckett is servicable as the starter and Dunn is pretty good as the starter. The other RBBCs are either poor talent or poor situation or both.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

response

Postby bruuno2 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:04 pm

I guess T Henry>McGahee would qualify.
Dan Marino......Greatest QB of all time!You sure did own Canton!
bruuno2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 9er Fan » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:40 pm

If I was a Jamal Lewis owner, you can be sure I'd have Musa Smith on my team. Thing is, if a team has a great running game, rarely is the RB the only reason. I have Green and Alexander on my keeper league team, and for sure I'll be grabbing Davenport and Morris for my bench.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:47 pm

I was just about to say Morris, he could be as good or better than Alexander if he got the job.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:30 pm

I'm back and forth about handcuffing Lewis to Smith or Taylor. If you believe what has been said about the trial, he's only going to be out for 2 games tops. I really haven't seen where either one of the backups have really distinguished themselves either as far as being able to step in and produce like Lewis does.

As for Morris, at least right now I wouldn't waste a pick on him. Alexander has been very healthy in his career and odds are Morris isn't going to be snagged off of the WW anytime soon so even if something does happen to Alexander, you should be able to get him.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:23 am

MadScott wrote:I'm back and forth about handcuffing Lewis to Smith or Taylor. If you believe what has been said about the trial, he's only going to be out for 2 games tops. I really haven't seen where either one of the backups have really distinguished themselves either as far as being able to step in and produce like Lewis does.

As for Morris, at least right now I wouldn't waste a pick on him. Alexander has been very healthy in his career and odds are Morris isn't going to be snagged off of the WW anytime soon so even if something does happen to Alexander, you should be able to get him.

Just picked Morris up in the 22nd and last rd of my dynasty league, hopefully he'll takeover and be sucessful next year.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadScott » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:39 am

IRON CHEF wrote:
MadScott wrote:I'm back and forth about handcuffing Lewis to Smith or Taylor. If you believe what has been said about the trial, he's only going to be out for 2 games tops. I really haven't seen where either one of the backups have really distinguished themselves either as far as being able to step in and produce like Lewis does.

Just picked Morris up in the 22nd and last rd of my dynasty league, hopefully he'll takeover and be sucessful next year.
LMAO! At 22nd, there's no harm there!
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:40 am

MadScott wrote:
IRON CHEF wrote:

LMAO! At 22nd, there's no harm there!

ya I know, there is pretty much crap available :-D

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk