NFL Total Access(did you catch it?) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL Total Access(did you catch it?)

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFL Total Access(did you catch it?)

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:16 pm

I was watching Total Access last night and they had an interview with Marcellus Wiley of the 'Boys and I think some important info may have slipped through his chatter.That the team is really excited to see Eddie George getting a ton of touches and that he is "a lot of beef" to hold down for 4 quarters.Does it sound to you that somewhere deep in the Parcells camp that EG is going to be the featured back,instead of splitting with Jones,as I've been hearing?I think this slip by Wiley may tell us more than any expert or press release has up to date.What do you think?Am I over-analyzing this,or is there a method to my madness?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:19 pm

I don't know about your madness, but there defintely is a method to Parcell's madness. Dallas drafted for the future, and made that clear when they drafted Jones instead of top RB Jackson. Eddie George is the temporary solution, meaning he will get the bulk of the carries while Dallas grooms Jones. I see this comment as having a fair amount of truth. Jones will get his carries, but I'm not really seeing a true RBBC here. Now if only George didn't suck so much... :*)
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Gatekeeper » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:20 pm

I dont think you are overanalyzing it at all. Parcells is known to like bruising backs as well as veterans. I wouldnt be at all surprised if this is his initial plan. The question is more about how long he will put up with George underperforming at 3.2 YPC (if and assuming he does).
The keeper will never let you pass!!!
The Gatekeeper
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Johnny Ballgame » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:35 pm

I also don't think you are overanalyzing. Lest we forget - Parcells got 2 or 3 good years out of Otis Anderson after he was supposedly washed up. He maybe could squeeze one or two more out of Eddie while grooming Jones for the future.
"You using the whole fist there doc?" - Irwin M. Fletcher
Johnny Ballgame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:46 pm

This depends on lots of things.

Initial insider reports said that Jerry brought in George against the wishes of Parcells. If you believe that, it maybe means that Parcells didn't think he saw anything worth rehabbing. If he was content to go into the season with Jones as the starter before, he still could be.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk