Terrell Owens looks great - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Terrell Owens looks great

Moderator: Football Moderators

Terrell Owens looks great

Postby Shader » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:22 pm

First play gets an 81 yard touchdown reception. That tells me all I need to know: He is the number two receiver behind Randy Moss (who also caught a bomb tonight)
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mustangs989 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:24 pm

I'm not going to bump him over Harrison and Holt because of 1 preseason play. Although with St.Louis's OL trouble I might bump him ahead of Holt.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mistern » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:26 pm

It looked like Owens just straight-up beat the defender way down the field for the hookup. I'm not moving him up in my rankings, but he looked pretty good.

What I think is the bigger deal here is that its gotta be the biggest slap in the face for the Ravens after all the trash talking going on in the preseason.
"I hate turkeys. If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad a turkeys. There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastromi,.Some one needs to tell the turkey, man, just be yourself."
-mitch hedberg
mistern
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Waikele Waverunners » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:29 pm

I also wouldn't put him above Harrison. I'd have him with Horn about the 4-5th WR
Waikele Waverunners
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:31 pm

He's my #3 WR behind Moss and Harrison.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Terrell Owens looks great

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:50 pm

Shader wrote:First play gets an 81 yard touchdown reception. That tells me all I need to know: He is the number two receiver behind Randy Moss (who also caught a bomb tonight)

huh? You're moving him up because of one play in the preseason? Is Dayne now you're #2 RB?
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:56 pm

Be prepared to see a lot more long TDs to Owens this season. A lot of people that don't know the situation in San Fran are totally underestimating T.O.

A lot of the times T.O. beat CBs deep, yet Garcia wouldn't throw him the ball. He waited until he got wide open before he threw, I'm talking 3 steps past him wide open. Not to mention that Garcia can't even complete a pass more than 30 yards downfield.... McNabb, bad accuracy or not, should open up a new dimension to T.O. that many people didn't know existed.

I've had Owens above Holt for the entire preseason simply because I knew Garcia would no longer be Owens QB.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Re: Terrell Owens looks great

Postby goleafsgo96 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:58 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
Shader wrote:First play gets an 81 yard touchdown reception. That tells me all I need to know: He is the number two receiver behind Randy Moss (who also caught a bomb tonight)

huh? You're moving him up because of one play in the preseason? Is Dayne now you're #2 RB?

lol tell me about it... i hope someday xavier madise catches a 90 yard td pass.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hawksfan896 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:01 pm

This shows what TO can do playing with a QB with a gun though. I didn't move him up because of this play, I moved him up months ago because of the possibility of this play.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby kanezfan11 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:03 pm

Yea, don't know about one play making him be over Harrison, I have him about equal with Holt for this year though.

Waikele Waverunners wrote:I also wouldn't put him above Harrison. I'd have him with Horn about the 4-5th WR

Horn at 4-5th WR? Give me a break, IMO, he's not top 10 or on the low end of it.
Last edited by kanezfan11 on Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk