Terrell Owens looks great - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Terrell Owens looks great

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Shader » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:20 pm

I'm not moving him up because of one play. But I think this illustrates that having a qb that doesn't underthrow him will allow TO to dominate.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hawksfan896 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:27 pm

Shader wrote:I'm not moving him up because of one play. But I think this illustrates that having a qb that doesn't underthrow him will allow TO to dominate.

My thoughts exactly. He said in an interview (they mentioned it at the beginning of the game) that the play that sold him on McNabb was a toss to Pinkston down the middle that went 65-70 yds in the air. You don't really see Garcia doing a lot of that. I had TO as my third receiver and drafted him as the 4th receiver (after Holt) and have no ill feelings about it...especially with the Ma'ams O-line injuries.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:32 pm

Shader wrote:I'm not moving him up because of one play. But I think this illustrates that having a qb that doesn't underthrow him will allow TO to dominate.

You have seen the numerous times McNabb has thrown grounds to receivers right?
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:50 pm

Owens played the whole first half and didn't make a single catch after that bomb.

Are you sure about making him #2?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby hawksfan896 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:56 pm

Azrael wrote:Owens played the whole first half and didn't make a single catch after that bomb.

Are you sure about making him #2?

He didn't run many routes over the middle with Ray Lewis wanting to take a bite out of his ass either. I think that was a little bit of Andy Reid, especially already seeing Kearse and Buckhalter go down, not taking a chance with his new toy. Still solid #3 IMO.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:06 am

I noticed that he didn't run into the middle too, hawkfan, but I don't think Reid had anything to do with it. On McNabb's INT T.O.started to cut over the middle then appeared to chicken out and turn outside causing the INT. I wonder if T.O. is turning into a Deion type of WR, avoid contact at all costs.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby hander99 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:39 am

That has got to be the dumbest statement on this site. TO lives for contact. He is the most physical receiver in the game. I don't know what you were watching but he didn't shy away it was just a miss read. Sure, Ray Lewis is a physical presence but owens is exactly his counterpart on the offensive side of the football.
hander99
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:50 am

I always thought he liked contact too. If you have a chance to see the INT McNabb threw the ball where the play was called because TO turned his route in. Then he broke off his route and went outside, and conicidentally, away from traffic.
If that was the dumbest thing you have read, stick around I'm bound to post something else you disagree with.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby kurtistb » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:56 am

people see what they want to see on plays. I live less than 20 min from the stadium in the heart of eagle country and I'll be the first to say that TO avoided the middle. McNabb is a good QB but he short hops alot of passes and if you don't see that than you don't watch the eagles. I'm personally not interested with what happened today I'm more interested in what happens after he has a regular season game where McNabb is throwing passes in the dirt. That situation can get real ugly real fast. That being said I think he is a solid #4 not quite equal to Holt in my mind but if he has a good 3rd game he'll probably move into my #3 slot.
kurtistb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:12 am

Wow. Owens got over on the Ravens' 3rd string cornerback. Something tells me that if Chris McAlister would have been covering him, he might not have been that wide open.

It's friggin pre-season people, come on.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk