Dante Hall...#1 WR? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dante Hall...#1 WR?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dante Hall...#1 WR?

Postby therealblackdaddy » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:20 pm

I'm in a league that is heavy on yardage, including return yards. Upon checking the player rankings, I noticed that Dante Hall is ranked 1st in terms of FANTASY PTS. Wow! However, he isn't ranked in the top 200 OVERALL. Would you draft him as your #1, and if so, in what round? Could he actually be a steal if he last until say....rounds 5-10?

Thanks
therealblackdaddy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hawksfan896 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:23 pm

Last year was pretty magical, but personally I wouldn't think he'd do it again. My answer would be no, do not draft Dante Hall that early unless it's like 1 pt per return yard or something completely silly. Huge gamble.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:24 pm

Isn't Fantasy points what it's all about? If your league gives him the most points then he should be a great pick in the 5th-10th round. I really would like to see the scoring system that has Daunte Hall #1 though. That would have to be huge return yards.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kanezfan11 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:27 pm

Yea... he racked up the points last year. If you were gonna try and get a WR with points... go with Santana Moss, he gets yardage for returns and is a solid WR for yds and tds also.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby goleafsgo96 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:32 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:Yea... he racked up the points last year. If you were gonna try and get a WR with points... go with Santana Moss, he gets yardage for returns and is a solid WR for yds and tds also.

Steve Smith fits that description too. 2 good guys in return heavy leagues
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Dantel Hall...#1 WR?

Postby therealblackdaddy » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:32 pm

Like most of us, I'm in several leagues this season. Two of them give either a full pt or a half for return yards. This ranks Hall among the elite WR's in both leagues. I'm not a big fan of these types of scoring systems, but of course I want to win. The draft is next week. Thanks for the feedback.
therealblackdaddy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: Dantel Hall...#1 WR?

Postby hawksfan896 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:41 pm

therealblackdaddy wrote:Like most of us, I'm in several leagues this season. Two of them give either a full pt or a half for return yards. This ranks Hall among the elite WR's in both leagues. I'm not a big fan of these types of scoring systems, but of course I want to win. The draft is next week. Thanks for the feedback.

Holy crap dude. Yes, take Dante then. First pick. Then S. Moss, then any other returner, then any other returner, then balance it out with a returner. For a sleeper pick, try to take a returner in a later round if one's available.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:46 pm

In a league that rewards points for return yards, Dante Hall is the man.

I mean hell he had what like 2500 return yards alone last season? Add that to a couple return touchdowns, a couple receiving touchdowns, and another 500 receiving yards and he is an absolute stud.

Don't pass up the stud RBs in the first round to grab Dante, but I could easily see Dante as your #2 pick if return yards are worth as much as receiving. Especially in a yardage heavy league.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:10 pm

Depends on how smart your league is. If you're the only one that realized this, you can wait til the end to draft him. Otherwise, draft him wherever else you'd normally draft a #1 WR.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk