Mo' Moe - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mo' Moe

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mo' Moe

Postby cooleyhigh » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:59 pm

The Vikings scored quickly against the Falcons Friday night, cashing in on just four plays after recovering a fumble on the game-opening kickoff at the Falcons' 30-yard line. But it was how they scored that raised some eyebrows. After covering 29 yards on three plays with Michael Bennett—a pass and two runs—to get them to the one-yard line, Moe Williams came in and pounded it into the end zone at the stripe.

OUR VIEW

This touchdown is certain to stoke the speculation that Williams will be reprising his role as the Vikings' goal-line vulture. Moe has scored 19 times over the last two seasons, 14 of which came from inside the red zone and most of those from inside the five-yard line. Combine this touchdown plunge with Onterrio Smith facing a suspension, and Williams' fantasy value is surging as we head into the heart of fantasy draft season.

Is this news? No. Just posting it in case some actually believed Tice when he said Bennett would be the man and people started rocketing him up their lists expecting more TD's.

Viva La Vulture :-P and he remains a viable flex option.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vanter » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:01 am

Would it be safe to say that whatever Tice says, the opposite will actually occur? This guy drove me crazy last year during the end of the season.
Vanter
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby inferno19 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:07 am

Yes, I love Moe as a TD vulture. Makes a great bye week pickup if youre in a fix.
1335 rushing yards, 53 receptions, 441 receiving yards. 18 TDs.
Money in the bank.
inferno19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:14 am

Trust me, he won't be available on FA lists. Hes drafted in drafts now that S.O.D is suspended. He will be a nice source of TDs this year.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flux » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:21 am

they probably dont want Bennett to take the pounding at the goalline since they no longer have O. Smith as a quality backup.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:52 am

Mo would be a great pickup now, he's already scooped up in most of my leagues though already.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Monty » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:06 am

Has anybody thought of this: Tice says that Bennett is the man for the Vikes and then Bennett rockets up the cheat sheets, then to confuse FF players around the world even more he plays Moe so people think that he will receive goal line carries... this increases his value and then becomes much more valuable in the FF world. But this is only 2/3rds of Tice's plan!!! He then proceeds to BENCH Moe for the rest of the year, much to the disgust of all the FF players who drafted him earlier than they would have had he not have been play as a goal line RB in the preseason... Tice is thrilled that he has ruined the seasons of thousands of FF players and laughs Hysterically at the thought of actually playing someone like Moe.

This is how i see it, maybe im wrong
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby deftdelivery » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:08 am

"Moe, Moe, Moe!
How do you like me? Nobody likes me!
Moe, Moe, Moe!'

- Moe

From the Simpsons
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mikehunt » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:23 am

I don't hold o much value in all of Tice's words. Not that I hate the guy cause I am a huge Vikings fan but you never know what he will do or say. Never mind the one working with the other

It is second weekend of preseason which is still not really warrenting this Huge value jump in Moe. I would predict that Moe is used for some goalines carries but is more of a change of pace runner. Moe is at a point in his career where he is ready to help the youngs and his team not try to start a prawl for a second string job. Plus I bet that Kleissausufdhyrhf (didnt know spelling) might be placed in the job for TD's due to his size and ability to move two to three steps in either direction. PLus you have to figure on Pepp doing his usual 2 yrd runs. all IMO

MIke
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk