Seattle RB in 2005 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Seattle RB in 2005

Moderator: Football Moderators

Seattle RB in 2005

Postby King Tim » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:44 am

So who do you guys think will be the man next year in Seattle..........Alexander or Mo Morris? I know its a strange question but I'm in the middle of a deal in which I'd send Crumpler and my 1st and 2nd rnd rookie picks for next year (14 team dynasty draft) for KWII and Mo Morris. Is Alexander going to be gone after the year? Is Morris the real deal? If most feel Morris is the man, I'm pulling the trigger. Any info is appreciated ;-D
Chris Mortensen: You can make a case for both QBs (Marino @ Elway) when talking about the "greatest ever", but in terms of just physical talent, John Elway was hands-down the most gifted quarterback who has ever played football.
King Tim
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:52 am

You're giving up all that just to get KWII and a backup RB?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby King Tim » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:58 am

KingGhidra wrote:You're giving up all that just to get KWII and a backup RB?

That's why I'm asking the question of who will be the guy in Seattle next year? I've heard Alexander won't be in SEA and Mo will take over. I'm not close to the Seahawks situation. If that is the case, I'm giving all that up for a stud TE and a potential starting stud RB.
Chris Mortensen: You can make a case for both QBs (Marino @ Elway) when talking about the "greatest ever", but in terms of just physical talent, John Elway was hands-down the most gifted quarterback who has ever played football.
King Tim
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:12 am

King Tim wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:You're giving up all that just to get KWII and a backup RB?

That's why I'm asking the question of who will be the guy in Seattle next year? I've heard Alexander won't be in SEA and Mo will take over. I'm not close to the Seahawks situation. If that is the case, I'm giving all that up for a stud TE and a potential starting stud RB.

Last I heard, SA is on record saying he wants to return to SEA next year. I wouldn't be overly excited about getting Maurice Morris since we have no clue what he can do as a starter. You seem to be giving up an awful lot for some maybes. Why are you so high on Winslow anyway?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:44 am

I wouldn't do that. Mo Morris hasn't even shown he can do it all by himself, even if he would be the guy.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby VaderFin » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:51 am

Well, I'd love for Morris to be the guy because Alexander has moved to my Dolphins.....that said I seriously doubt the Seahawas let Alexander go anywhere.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:56 am

I really like Crumpler this year, I have him ranked ahead of Winlsow so I wouldn't do it. You're losing a stud next year and possibly 2 depending on how deep the rookie pool is next season. Who's to say Seattle wouldn't pull someone else in if SA left? I haven't heard any promises that Morris gets the job. I'd stay where you're at.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:24 am

I don't think I would do the trade it's much too risky on your part. However, I strongly doubt that the Seahawks will be able to resign Hasselback, franchise Walter Jones and keep Alexander in the fold. I would count on Morris being the starter at the beginning of next season as the coaching staff loves him, and were going to bench Alexander for Morris in 2002 before Morris got hurt. If they let Alexander go, Morris will be the guy.

This is the reason I drafted him in my dynasty league.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JohnnyTitan » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:52 am

There's been alot of concern about Morris' durability. The Seahawk fan forum has hit on this alot. They think Alexander will be there next year. If he does go, they seem to think Morris is not durable enough to carry the load all year.
JohnnyTitan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Alexander

Postby Bears_Fan » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:09 pm

Seattle tried to trade Alexander to Washington for Bailey. Bottome line, they know after next season they won't be able to as someone said, keep hasselbeck/jones/ and alexander. Now i don't think morris is the answer from what we've seen from him yet, but that could change. Free Agents and the Draft may replace Alexander if things stay as they are.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk