Serious talks between Bears and Miami - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Serious talks between Bears and Miami

Moderator: Football Moderators

Serious talks between Bears and Miami

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:18 am

Just heard this on the score that they are in serious talks for a pass rusher with Miami. That means Ogunleye. My guess would be Anthony Thomas going to Miami. I wouldnt be suprised if this deal goes down, because Haynes and Brown are not impressing Lovie. Anyone else hear anymore about this?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:36 am

why would the Phins trade for A-Train who has basically been hurt all pre-season?
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jumpman8828 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:38 am

Flux wrote:why would the Phins trade for A-Train who has basically been hurt all pre-season?

They want to out-do the Cards and have another player be out for the year.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:45 am

Sounds like a Bears fan dreaming.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:48 am

My guess for this trade would be that they are going after an offenseive linemen and a WR.

MIA is dissapointed in Vernon Careys ability to play RT at this point and moved him to RG. They now have John St. Clair at RT who is ok at best.

CHI on the other hand has Aaron Gibson sitting behind Tait at RT, and Gibson apparently has looked very good and quick this preseason.

MIA is also in the need for a WR who can stretch the field, and are desperate for one. The Bears have never liked David Terrell and his fat contract.

IF a trade goes down, I would look for those needs to be addressed before going after A-Train.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

LOL

Postby Bears_Fan » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:57 am

The Bears will most likely target an o/d-line pass rusher or ru blocker. A-Train was very solid at the end of last year and did have a great season two years ago, young rbs are harder to come than D-line support so this could be an interesting situation.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:16 pm

I'd like to see A-Train leave. That would shoot up T.Jones value in my books. And I still think people would lay off him because of his past.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby bungle613 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:22 pm

I think this is pretty far fetched. Who does Chicago have to give for Ogunleye? Fish need rb, O-line, wr... right? Thomas hurt, not a great O-line to begin with so who are they going to deal to the fish and they have a few wr but nothing of real value.

The only thing i could see would be a multi player deal, rb, wr and picks for ogunleye and that isn't likely.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Yianni2112 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:01 pm

Same talk in Buffalo.

Chances are they will wait for the third game of the prseason that way teams have a good idea who is expendable or not...

bye bye Travis Henry.

Would only heat up the rivalry...wow
Yianni2112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby VaderFin » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:24 pm

No way the Dolphins trade Ogunleye for Thomas unless ALOT more is thrown into the deal. They are not going to trade a Pro Bowl DE for a below average running back. Now Travis Henry.....that I could see getting done if the Bills would be willing to do it.

I have stated this once before but I will do so again....the Fins have denied agent Drew Rosenhaus permission to negotiate with other teams. No team would trade for Wale without first negotiating a long term contract. If we hear that Drew is negotiating with someone....THEN think a trade may happen.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk