Serious talks between Bears and Miami - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Serious talks between Bears and Miami

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby brdmaverick » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:05 pm

The Miami Dolphins and Bears have agreed to trade involving a pair of Pro Bowl players. FOXSports.com has learned that the Dolphins have agreed to a trade of holdout defensive end Adewale Ogunleye for Bears receiver Marty Booker and a third-round pick in 2005. The deal, however, is dependent upon the Bears reaching a contract agreement with Ogunleye by 7 p.m. ET Saturday. If no deal is reached then the trade would not be complete. Ogunleye has been a holdout this preseason after refusing to come into camp with a restricted tender offer. He had 15 sacks for the Fins a year ago and should dramatically help the Bears pass rush, which recently flip-flopped its defensive ends to juggle things up a bit. Booker had two 1,000-yard-plus seasons during the past three years and should dramatically upgrade the Dolphins passing attack, an attack which recently lost David Boston to a knee injury
Go Pats!
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jumpman8828 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:08 pm

So what does this do to Chambers' value? I say it's still low, another WR won't make his QB or running game any better, although it may take some pressure off of him.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:14 pm

jumpman8828 wrote:So what does this do to Chambers' value? I say it's still low, another WR won't make his QB or running game any better, although it may take some pressure off of him.

Im guessing Chambers is going to be the man to stretch the field now w/ Booker and Freeman both playing the posession game.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:47 pm

If ogunleye is for real, I like this deal for the Bears, but I dont like David Terrell as a #1 since he has never proven anything. I think this hurts Marty Booker because Jay Fielder and AJ Feeley are garbage. But if Ogunleye success was related to Jason Taylor, I think this could turn into a big mistake. I hope we can sign him. (BTW, is this still Bear fan dreaming? ;-) )
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Amazinz » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:56 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:I think this hurts Marty Booker because Jay Fielder and AJ Feeley are garbage.

Grossman is garbage too. The change in QBs is a lateral move for Booker. Becoming #2 behind Chambers hurts his value. :,-(
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:19 pm

Amazinz wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:I think this hurts Marty Booker because Jay Fielder and AJ Feeley are garbage.

Grossman is garbage too. The change in QBs is a lateral move for Booker. Becoming #2 behind Chambers hurts his value. :,-(
Sorry, but WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? Grossman has looked great in camp and has far more potential then Jay Fielder or AJ Feely. But becoming behind #2 hurts him also.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:25 pm

If this trade goes through, watch out for Justin Gage. He's been a sleeper of mine for awhile, and this trade would definitely help his chances.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Amazinz » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:30 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
Amazinz wrote:

Sorry, but WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? Grossman has looked great in camp and has far more potential then Jay Fielder or AJ Feely. But becoming behind #2 hurts him also.

You have a man-crush on Rex, Sweetness? :-D

I don't care how much potential Grossman has nor how good he looks in camp. He will be garbage this year and if Booker was becoming the #1 in Miami he would actually be in a better situation fantasy-wise than playing in Chicago. Saying that Booker's value will drop because Fielder/Feeley will be throwing to him instead of Grossman is a joke IMHO.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:33 pm

Ok, ignore the facts. Ill say Grossman will have better numbers then who starts in Miami. Care to take me up on that?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:15 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Ok, ignore the facts. Ill say Grossman will have better numbers then who starts in Miami. Care to take me up on that?

Ignore the facts? What facts? This is all speculation but I am more than willing to take you up on this in a friendly wager. What do you suggest?
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk