Funny stuff from Funston - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Funny stuff from Funston

Moderator: Football Moderators

Funny stuff from Funston

Postby jumpman8828 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:19 am

Brandon Funston:

I recently saw Griffin come off the board with the No. 15 pick overall in an experts draft. Yes, that seems a little crazy, and perhaps you are thinking that the term "experts" is being thrown around loosely in this instance, but I'm ready to start buying the hype on Griffin. I'm a little more rational about his value (I'm thinking third or fourth round), though. Griffin has been running in the lead since the spring and he hasn't faltered yet. He has looked great in preseason games, and it makes the most sense for him to start the season carrying the load given his experience in this system last season – something Garrison Hearst and Tatum Bell lack. We know Mike Shanahan knows how to run the football. With Griffin in the driver's seat, it's fair to expect big things from him. I do like Chris Brown in Tennessee, but I like Griffin just a little more.

Realization is half the battle.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:28 am

Good old Funston, I was particularly impressed with him taking Griffin, Bell, and Hearst in back-to-back-to-back rounds to "get the value of a 2nd round RB."

Those rounds were 5, 6, 7.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jumpman8828 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:39 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Good old Funston, I was particularly impressed with him taking Griffin, Bell, and Hearst in back-to-back-to-back rounds to "get the value of a 2nd round RB."

Lol yes, that was also quite funny. Too bad you can't stuff those guys into that number two RB slot.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mnheadliner » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:59 am

jumpman8828 wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Good old Funston, I was particularly impressed with him taking Griffin, Bell, and Hearst in back-to-back-to-back rounds to "get the value of a 2nd round RB."

Lol yes, that was also quite funny. Too bad you can't stuff those guys into that number two RB slot.

What I find even more funny is that when he drafted these three Denver RB's he said he did so to get the VALUE OF A 2ND ROUND RB. Now he says that he thinks Q-Tip is the man in Denver and an expert league drafted him in the 2nd round, but that's too high for his blood. He thinks Q-Tip should go in Rd. 4-5. So, I guess than if you add in Hearst and Bell and the minimal amount of fantasy pts those guys should produce to Q-Tip then he goes 2nd rd? Funston makes no sense and goes against what he previously sayd. No expert. :-t
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:13 pm

How'd this guy get a job with ESPN?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Flockers » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:18 pm

Azrael wrote:How'd this guy get a job with ESPN?

I was wondering the exact same thing. He doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Monty » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:38 pm

Flockers wrote:
Azrael wrote:How'd this guy get a job with ESPN?

I was wondering the exact same thing. He doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer.

He's gotta know someone in management, thats all i can come up with
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk