Bears trade Booker for Ogunleye; link - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bears trade Booker for Ogunleye; link

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:32 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Wow. When Boston comes back, do the Dolphin's switch to a permanent 3-wide set? How can you sit a Chambers, Boston, or Booker on any given series? I think this is definitely a move in the right direction for the Dolphin's. This has got to be the most talented WR trio in the league. Ricky Who?

I doubt they'll keep all three for 2005.

As for fantasy, I think Booker's value takes the biggest hit because his reception total won't be at or near the century mark with Chambers on the team. Then again, his yards per average may increase dramatically now that he is out of the Bear's horrendous short gain passing system. Booker is no longer the steal of the draft, but I think he is still a good 8th round pickup.

Well, I don't expect Booker to get 90 receptions now. I don't think this improves Chambers at all. He'll just get less receptions now with possibly better yards per reception. You'll end up with more variance with him from game to game. Booker is good enough to be a #1 on teams and he'll definitely steal catches from Chambers. This is a mess...

They'll probably both end up with 70ish receptions.

This is all assuming that Ogun is not a greedy money whore that is content to whittle away his career on the bench because he can't buy 3 mansions instead of 2. These greedy players need to think back to when they were kids when they played the game for free. How can anyone turn down 5 million a year and a 4 million dollar bonus payment upfront to play a sport. Makes me want to see an NCAA program where all scholarship athletes have to work menial tasks to earn their free ride. Maybe then they will understand how fortunate they are to play in the NFL.

Don't be bitter. Let him live his life how he sees fit. That's the way the salary game is played. If you don't like it, don't follow it.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby arrbez » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:38 pm

ugh, i have booker AND chambers in one league...
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:00 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Wow. When Boston comes back, do the Dolphin's switch to a permanent 3-wide set? How can you sit a Chambers, Boston, or Booker on any given series? I think this is definitely a move in the right direction for the Dolphin's. This has got to be the most talented WR trio in the league. Ricky Who?

As for fantasy, I think Booker's value takes the biggest hit because his reception total won't be at or near the century mark with Chambers on the team. Then again, his yards per average may increase dramatically now that he is out of the Bear's horrendous short gain passing system. Booker is no longer the steal of the draft, but I think he is still a good 8th round pickup.

Chambers on the other hand I think is the biggest fantasy beneficiary of this trade. Chambers has never been a big reception guy, he's the gamebreaking playmaker on the team. Anytime you bring in a guy like Booker that can move the chains, it gives the team additional shots at making that homerun swing. Chambers is going to get a lot more looks than last season and that opportunity should pay some handsome dividends.

This is all assuming that Ogun is not a greedy money whore that is content to whittle away his career on the bench because he can't buy 3 mansions instead of 2. These greedy players need to think back to when they were kids when they played the game for free. How can anyone turn down 5 million a year and a 4 million dollar bonus payment upfront to play a sport. Makes me want to see an NCAA program where all scholarship athletes have to work menial tasks to earn their free ride. Maybe then they will understand how fortunate they are to play in the NFL.
The dink and dump pass system is gone. New coaching staff, the dink and dump was part of John Shoops awful offense. I think Booker was primed for a nice year but now I'm not so sure. Chambers and Booker are going to split alot of catches. Hmm its nearly 7:00 in the central, and I cant see anything about the trade going down. Did it?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VaderFin » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:02 pm

I'm listening to the Dolphins game on the radio and they said they are still in talks but no done deal.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby indecisiv » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:06 pm

KingGhidra wrote:

That is what I was thinking. What would they do with all that WR talent. Then, why would you trade for someone to play for you...for one year? I dont think Miami is a contender for the SB this year. So why bring in someone to help you for one year and not getting to the SB and then watching them walk? I guess to save your job but someone up stairs has to have a say. Which might in turn just be to save a horrible season and keep the fan base up wich = $$$
indecisiv
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby VaderFin » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:47 pm

Update: Drew Rosenhaus is on a plane now heading to Chicago to work on finalizing the deal. Looks like this might not happen right away but that it will happen.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:23 pm

Anyone have info on Booker's contract status????
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:33 pm

indecisiv wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:

That is what I was thinking. What would they do with all that WR talent. Then, why would you trade for someone to play for you...for one year? I dont think Miami is a contender for the SB this year. So why bring in someone to help you for one year and not getting to the SB and then watching them walk? I guess to save your job but someone up stairs has to have a say. Which might in turn just be to save a horrible season and keep the fan base up wich = $$$

Good point, why get Booker if he is only a rental for a lost season? Unless they plan on keeping him and not Chambers and Boston.

But I am still wondering if and when the deal will go down.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VaderFin » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:36 pm

There is no chance in hell the Dolphins don't keep Chambers. Boston has a real nice cheap contract so he isn't going anywhere. Why I wanna know Bookers contract situation.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:42 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:
indecisiv wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:

Good point, why get Booker if he is only a rental for a lost season? Unless they plan on keeping him and not Chambers and Boston.

But I am still wondering if and when the deal will go down.

I'm assuming they would let Boston go and keep Booker if Booker plays well.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk