Bears trade Booker for Ogunleye; link - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bears trade Booker for Ogunleye; link

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aussieboy » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:40 pm

So if you were gonna pick a WR to emerge from Chicago. Who would you put your money on?

Gage or Terrell?
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:42 pm

VaderFin wrote:

Good move for the Dolphins. Bad move for Booker fantasy owners.

All my surefire sleepers are being ruined this off-season.

:,-(
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby VaderFin » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:44 pm

aussieboy wrote:So if you were gonna pick a WR to emerge from Chicago. Who would you put your money on?

Gage or Terrell?

I think Terrell has already shown that he will be lucky to be an average NFL receiver. If I had to pick one of the two it would be Gage.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:56 pm

Maybe Booker will thrive in Miami. Does he take Boston's spot....I pegged Boston to be a sleeper...now Booker could do well. I mean, he leaves Grossman...maybe it'll help.
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

What about Bobby Wade

Postby Confucian Scholars » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:07 am

The box score for today's game against SF reports that Booker was replaced in the line-up by Bobby Wade, so what happened to Gage and Terrell?
Confucian Scholars
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby awwchrist » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:30 pm

I'm not scaring off of Booker this easily. He was a great value pick before the trade, and now if his draft value is dipping even lower I say "profit".
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:37 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:As for fantasy, I think Booker's value takes the biggest hit because his reception total won't be at or near the century mark with Chambers on the team. Then again, his yards per average may increase dramatically now that he is out of the Bear's horrendous short gain passing system. Booker is no longer the steal of the draft, but I think he is still a good 8th round pickup.

Well, I don't expect Booker to get 90 receptions now. I don't think this improves Chambers at all. He'll just get less receptions now with possibly better yards per reception. You'll end up with more variance with him from game to game. Booker is good enough to be a #1 on teams and he'll definitely steal catches from Chambers. This is a mess...

They'll probably both end up with 70ish receptions.

70 receptions is still an improvement over what Chambers had last season. I don't see how bringing in Marty Booker could be a detriment to Chambers, when he would have been lining up next to Derrius Thompson instead? Chambers doesn't need 90 receptions to score his TDs, the more first downs the Dolphin's get, the more chances he gets to break a TD.

KingGhidra wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:This is all assuming that Ogun is not a greedy money whore that is content to whittle away his career on the bench because he can't buy 3 mansions instead of 2. These greedy players need to think back to when they were kids when they played the game for free. How can anyone turn down 5 million a year and a 4 million dollar bonus payment upfront to play a sport. Makes me want to see an NCAA program where all scholarship athletes have to work menial tasks to earn their free ride. Maybe then they will understand how fortunate they are to play in the NFL.

Don't be bitter. Let him live his life how he sees fit. That's the way the salary game is played. If you don't like it, don't follow it.

Sorry, I just get a little pissed the way that the NFL is shaping up nowadays. Everyone knows that the NFL is a business and that players can't afford to treat it like a sport lest they get screwed over by their teams. But, the new catch phrase "fair market value" is just a player flipping the script and taking advantage of competitive teams' eagerness to win. If you seriously think that the NFL should be based like the MLB and NBA where money hungry athletes have ruined the intense competition of the game... that sucks.

Every year in the MLB and NBA, the teams in the big markets give up the huge paychecks in order to buy a championship instead of earning it through blood, sweat, and tears. Nowadays good players in all major sports are thinking that they're entitled to make 30x the league minimum just because some owner is willing to reach into his huge pocketbook to pay them that ridiculous amount. And if the owner of said player doesn't ante up and give him his "fair market value" he would rather sit out the season then be reasonable and help his team.

Even rookies are demanding huge contracts nowadays and it's really beginning to piss me off. I don't know where this sense of entitlement to be the highest paid player has come from in the NFL. The Patriot's should be a model to everyone, screw all the greedy pricks out there and put together a team.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk