DET@CLE pre-season game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

DET@CLE pre-season game

Moderator: Football Moderators

DET@CLE pre-season game

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:53 pm

I'm following on NFL.com. How's the game looking? I guess Cleveland can make anyone's offense look good.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jumpman8828 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:13 pm

True, but Detroit could have a great offense sometime soon if all the young guys click.

I'm not watching, but Suggs seems to be doing good so far.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mistern » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:29 pm

I'm watching oh the NFL Network (just got it on Comcast :-) ). So far the big thing that has stuck out for me is Lee Suggs. The oline is looking pretty good and Suggs is seeming to have some good speed and quickness to get by defenders. He just came out and William Green is in so we'll see how this goes.
"I hate turkeys. If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad a turkeys. There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastromi,.Some one needs to tell the turkey, man, just be yourself."
-mitch hedberg
mistern
Water Boy
Water Boy

Suggs

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:37 pm

63 yards and two touchdowns for Suggs! Kid looks really solid.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:18 pm

Rogers caught a TD, he's looked pretty good in the preseason so far.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby paulcseplo » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:49 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Rogers caught a TD, he's looked pretty good in the preseason so far.

are you allowed to give props to a kid from State?
paulcseplo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby paulcseplo » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:57 pm

browns turned in a much better performance (compared to last week). offensive line actually looked like they were attempting to block something, suggs ran well (given the success he's had when he's played, and green's penchant for "falling down the stairs and landing on upright knives" - i can't imagine he won't land the starting gig - barring an injury or 4 consecutive goal-line fumbles next week). garcia looked good - the guy can still avoid the pressure. winslow made a very nice 25-yard grab on a 3rd and long. something to watch though - the brown's starting wideouts (davis, morgan & northcutt) have approx 3 catches between them - in the first 2 preseason games. keep an eye on this in preseason week 3.
as for the lions, k. jones looked good. c. rogers made a fantastic td grab. harrington looked solid. roy williams was a non-factor. their towel boy was f*cking clutch.
paulcseplo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:00 pm

paulcseplo wrote:browns turned in a much better performance (compared to last week). offensive line actually looked like they were attempting to block something, suggs ran well (given the success he's had when he's played, and green's penchant for "falling down the stairs and landing on upright knives" - i can't imagine he won't land the starting gig - barring an injury or 4 consecutive goal-line fumbles next week). garcia looked good - the guy can still avoid the pressure. winslow made a very nice 25-yard grab on a 3rd and long. something to watch though - the brown's starting wideouts (davis, morgan & northcutt) have approx 3 catches between them - in the first 2 preseason games. keep an eye on this in preseason week 3.
as for the lions, k. jones looked good. c. rogers made a fantastic td grab. harrington looked solid. roy williams was a non-factor. their towel boy was f*cking clutch.

The towel boy statement caught me off guard. LOL
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheHeat24 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:21 pm

paulcseplo wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Rogers caught a TD, he's looked pretty good in the preseason so far.

are you allowed to give props to a kid from State?

Hes got him in our dynasty league ;-)

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:07 pm

jumpman8828 wrote:True, but Detroit could have a great offense sometime soon if all the young guys click.

I'm not watching, but Suggs seems to be doing good so far.

I think the running back pool is definitely deeper this year. Some of the guys thought to be 2nd round backs might actually be a couple of the busts while some originally iffy guys might actually have the breakout year...Suggs being one of them. He looked even better this game.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Return to Football Talk