Porter or Mcareins? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Porter or Mcareins?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Porter or Mcareins?

Postby migarvin » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:05 pm

In almost every draft porter is taken first but they are never more than a couple picks apart. I took mcareins but im thinking porter might have the better year ....i'm thinking 1,100 8 t'ds from each though....but mcareins and moss both return shit?

Any thoughts?
migarvin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:26 pm

id probably take porter first, and i highly doubt mccareins will reach those numbers.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:32 pm

I have Porter ahead, I think he has a strong chance of enjoying nice sucess this year. Mcareins also has the opportunity to put up solid numbers, but I am not completely convinced he can do so.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:45 pm

Penny is throwing to McCareins early and often this pre-season game.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flux » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:04 pm

is Moss even playing?
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:17 pm

Flux wrote:is Moss even playing?

Nope.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BlitzBoyz » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:57 pm

I think both of these guys will have solid years. Pennington is looking good, and McCareins will help him a lot, and be a big target in the red zone.

Porter is much the same, both the QB's the Raiders have will be looking to him as first option. He's finally the clear #1.

I'd guess that Porter will have more yardage, something like 1100 to 900, and that they're both good for about 7-8 TD's.
You live and learn - or you don't live long.
BlitzBoyz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BlitzBoyz » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:58 pm

I think both of these guys will have solid years. Pennington is looking good, and McCareins will help him a lot, and be a big target in the red zone.

Porter is much the same, both the QB's the Raiders have will be looking to him as first option. He's finally the clear #1.

I'd guess that Porter will have more yardage, something like 1100 to 900, and that they're both good for about 7-8 TD's.
You live and learn - or you don't live long.
BlitzBoyz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flux » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:59 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Flux wrote:is Moss even playing?

Nope.

I didnt think so

That obviously would pad McCariens stats, but Pennington sure did target him a lot....not to mention he was looking at him the whole way on that 2 pt conversion. I think McCariens is going to be a huge red zone threat and 10 TDs is not at all out of the question for him. He certainly should get more looks in this offense than he did last year in TEN
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

i messed up

Postby migarvin » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:11 pm

porter should edge him out in fantasy production but the reason i'm concerned about each (plus gannon is my qb in all my leaegues so porter needs to do well)

porter is goign from the 3rd option 2 years ago in which he had 9 td's to the #1 guy. If anyone benefits its rice who will face #2 qb's (rookies and shit) which should give him great opportunities all year round. Second, doug gabriel is turning heads in camp and could come out of nowhere like porter did 2 years ago.

Mcareins is now a full time starter - he has serious talent and should catch plenty of balls oppositte moss. If moss gets hurt or simply doesn't perform like last year than mcareins is due for a solid year. i would say mcnair and pennington are about equal in delivering the ball to the guy.

The only thing i'm kind of worried about is the bust factor for mcareins. If he turns out to be a bust i'm screwed, but that's not likely to happen
migarvin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk