Ugh Wohlabough is done - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ugh Wohlabough is done

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ugh Wohlabough is done

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:06 pm

:-P

WOHLABAUGH GONE: It was a disappointing ending for center Dave Wohlabaugh, who spent 2003 starting in the middle of the Rams’ offensive line.

St. Louis cut ties with its injured center Wednesday night. Wohlabaugh had surgery on his hip in March and was not expected back for at least three or four months.

Wohlabaugh had not practiced with the team during this training camp and was likely going to miss the entire season. He recently traveled to Ohio to have the hip check out again, but the results were not positive that Wohlabaugh would play again this year or any other.

With his tenure in St. Louis ending, so too, might his career. Wohlabaugh signed with the Rams on Feb. 28, 2003. Wohlabaugh was entering his 10th season in the league. Andy McCollum, who started at left guard for the Rams last season, moved back to center at the beginning of camp.

McCollum said he feels comfortable playing his original position again, but he is sorry to see his friend and linemate struggle with injuries. “It’s just unfortunate, the injury that Dave had,” McCollum said. “He’s only been here a year, but I consider him a friend of mine.”

http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/44886/#Poll44805

But at least there is some good news....

http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/44894/

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:11 pm

that line is looking like swiss cheese 8-o
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:13 pm

Man, I really gotta pay attention to the Rams in the preseason. I can't help but seeing Bulgers value go down and down.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk