Postby kamakazi_kal » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:37 pm

whos better if your picking say first and you ;have to draft one of them

?????????????
kamakazi_kal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:27 pm

If you picking first? This is easy. Priest Holmes. SA and Deuce will go 4/5/6, and I like Deuce because he should bounce back to his old TD totals and SA wont be able to touch him then (Deuce absolutely owns SA in total yardage.)
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:46 pm

Deuce ;-D

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby irishboy » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:17 pm

alexander's in a better offense but is very inconsistent; he might be better hits year but deuce is definitely the safer pick
IRISH PRIDE (WHAT'S WRONG WITH ALL CAPS)
irishboy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:35 pm

irishboy wrote:alexander's in a better offense but is very inconsistent; he might be better hits year but deuce is definitely the safer pick

The whole "Alexander is inconsistent" argument spawned from his play in 2002 and now, is one of the biggest myths in fantasy football, especially when comparing him to Deuce McAllister. I'm going to keep this short, because it seems like there's 800 Shaun vs. Deuce threads (it also seems like I've posted in all of them).

The main point is that unless Deuce improves his TD total this year (he manages a miserable 8 scores in 2003), there's no way he can contend with Alexander fantasy-wise. I'm somewhat bewildered by all of this McAllister-hype considering Alexander outscored him in just about every scoring system last year.

Alexander scored at least one score in 13 of 16 games last season. Considering that TD's are the key to fantasy football success, this is about as consistent are you can get. Meanwhile, Deuce McAllister only scored a touchdown in five of sixteen games. To me, this is the definition of being inconsistent.

Deuce disappeared during the last weeks of the fantasy football season, aka the fantasy playoff time. In the last four games of the regular season, Deuce has 0 TD's combined. Also, he had only 69, 80, 50, and 49 yards in each game respectively. Again, how can you say he's more consistent than Alexander if he is a no show in the most critical time in the season?

Now, you may say that this was last year and that he is bound to improve. He may, but I don't see any reason to believe that he will improve enough to be worth more than Shaun. Alexander is in a far better offense, with more red zone chances, goalline chances, and with more time of possession. Also, a better QB and arguably better WR's.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby hawksfan896 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:49 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
irishboy wrote:alexander's in a better offense but is very inconsistent; he might be better hits year but deuce is definitely the safer pick

The whole "Alexander is inconsistent" argument spawned from his play in 2002 and now, is one of the biggest myths in fantasy football, especially when comparing him to Deuce McAllister. I'm going to keep this short, because it seems like there's 800 Shaun vs. Deuce threads (it also seems like I've posted in all of them).

The main point is that unless Deuce improves his TD total this year (he manages a miserable 8 scores in 2003), there's no way he can contend with Alexander fantasy-wise. I'm somewhat bewildered by all of this McAllister-hype considering Alexander outscored him in just about every scoring system last year.

Alexander scored at least one score in 13 of 16 games last season. Considering that TD's are the key to fantasy football success, this is about as consistent are you can get. Meanwhile, Deuce McAllister only scored a touchdown in five of sixteen games. To me, this is the definition of being inconsistent.

Deuce disappeared during the last weeks of the fantasy football season, aka the fantasy playoff time. In the last four games of the regular season, Deuce has 0 TD's combined. Also, he had only 69, 80, 50, and 49 yards in each game respectively. Again, how can you say he's more consistent than Alexander if he is a no show in the most critical time in the season?

Now, you may say that this was last year and that he is bound to improve. He may, but I don't see any reason to believe that he will improve enough to be worth more than Shaun. Alexander is in a far better offense, with more red zone chances, goalline chances, and with more time of possession. Also, a better QB and arguably better WR's.

Thanks for saving me the time VHawk, I was gonna post almost the exact same thing. I had SA penciled in as #3 and got him #4 (behind Portis). Not worried at all. ;-D
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:01 pm

Yea I understand your argument VHawk, but these are ratings for this season. If Deuce gains more than 2,100 all-purpose yards again, there is no question of a doubt he will score more than 15 TD's. Yea sure SA gets the TD's, but those are not always certain every year. If Deuce even had 10 TD's last year, he would not even be said in the same breathe as SA. And I agree that SA .vs. Deuce topics occur every other day.

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:05 pm

This argument boils down to whether you think Deuce will get back to his 2002 TD total. If he does, then he is a click higher than SA because Deuce will rack up higher combo yards. Despite all the posts on the subject of Deuce's TD drop, I still havn't seen a good explanation for it.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby hawksfan896 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:09 pm

TheOneManShow 26 wrote:Yea I understand your argument VHawk, but these are ratings for this season. If Deuce gains more than 2,100 all-purpose yards again, there is no question of a doubt he will score more than 15 TD's. Yea sure SA gets the TD's, but those are not always certain every year. If Deuce even had 10 TD's last year, he would not even be said in the same breathe as SA. And I agree that SA .vs. Deuce topics occur every other day.

Uhhhh...he had 8. Those 2 TDs woulda put him that much higher? He still would trail SA in total pts with 10 TDs in my league. SA is #2 behind Priest in TDs scored the last 2 seasons. I'll take that consistency any day (he outscored Deuce in most scoring systems in '02 as well).
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:40 pm

I guess we are going to have to wait for the regular season. Where Seattle plays NO week 1. This is turning out to become a great rivalry among the cafe...Deuce .vs. SA.

I love it. ;-D

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk