Chris Brown stock rising... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Brown stock rising...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:06 pm

Members Only Jackets wrote:In my other league I bumped him up even more...I really believe he's a solid #2.

I'm starting to think that, too. With all the question marks around he's looking like a good #2 indeed. I still worry about his ability to stay healthy, but it really looks like he'll be producing when he's out there.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:08 pm

I got him in the last round in one of my earlier leagues, started out as a 5th RB, looking like a really good steal here
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:19 pm

I must say he looked really good tonight... and hopefully the way the short yardage team performed tonight will open up the door for him to be in that package as well which will increase his td totals...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:55 pm

I'm starting to like Brown as well. He might be a better option than the DD, Barlow, Rudi, S. Davis type backs.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:02 pm

w/ Henry as my #2 pick, thank God for C Brown....
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby caneblood » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:09 am

I must say he looked really good tonight... and hopefully the way the short yardage team performed tonight will open up the door for him to be in that package as well which will increase his td totals

Is Brown not currently in the short yardage team? Will he be getting goalline carries this year?

That obviously has huge implications. This year is crazy. I only play one important league and we always draft after the final preseason game. So far all my later round steals are either blowing up or getting traded to Miami. I was hoping to get Kevin Jones, Chris Brown, or Westbrook in the 6th. Not anymore!

One of the reasons the goalline carries are so important is that last year I think EG was top 5 in Red Zone attempts. Obviuosly he didn't convert that many - but I'm sure this year's starting back will get alot of opportunities.
caneblood
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ammotroop » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:39 am

On alot of my leagues he was just sitting on the waiver wire. I just picked him up as taking a chance.

Thats him in my Avatar. I am from Tenn and a HUGE titans fan, so hopefully he can be a savior at the RB slot!
Draft on Aug 11th!!!
ammotroop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JohnnyTitan » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:10 pm

caneblood wrote:Is Brown not currently in the short yardage team? Will he be getting goalline carries this year?

Last I heard, Brown was to be an everydown back. In preseason so far it seems Smith is getting the short yardage carries. With yesterdays (7) carries for (8) yards, I hope Brown gets those as well. It seemed every play Smith ran was "no gain". His long was an 8yd run. The Cleveland game he went (4) carries for (18) yds with another long run of 8yds. I didn't follow the ticker on that game, but it doens't look like he did much better against CLEs run D. I can't believe I just said CLE run D, it makes it sound like they have one.
JohnnyTitan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ammotroop » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:13 pm

I hope he does get the short yardage runs too. BUt we have to be realistic. The coaching staff does not want to run him to the ground like they did EG. I am just excited the titans have a back who can break for 50 yard runs. lets get the season started.
Draft on Aug 11th!!!
ammotroop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JohnnyTitan » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:14 pm

Although his style is very similar to EGs, the change to more of a passing attack will help. EG was seen as the only weapon at that time. That is a good part of the reason he wore down so much. With McNair being the focus now, Brown should be able to play without the wear EG experienced.
JohnnyTitan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk