Chris Brown stock rising... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Brown stock rising...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aussieboy » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:41 pm

Azrael wrote:I believe Brown went in the early 4th round of our MIKL keeper draft. I think he's an excellent pickup in the 4th.

yeh i took him to partner up with Freddy. I agree, I think he is good value at that spot. I can see Brown being a top 10-15 RB this yr. So I was very happy to land him.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Guru » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:13 am

In the last preseason game Smith got the goal-line and short yardage runs. He wasn't too effective though when he was in there.

If Smith continues to get the goal-line carries I would downgrade Brown a good amount. Something to keep an eye on.
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stikmata » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:39 am

he's all hype... injury risk... pass on him B-)
stikmata
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby benm3218 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:48 am

stikmata wrote:he's all hype... injury risk... pass on him B-)

The guy who wrote this is an idiot. If you were serious then you belong in a mental ward.
Go jump off a building you dumbass.

Brown looks awesome. There is a very very realistic chance he will crack top 10 RB this year.
By the way, Titan's O-line has looked incredible. I think we are all thinking and just not saying that EG may have been making our O-line look sub par..... But, now it appears they are doing a great job.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bryan1327 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:45 am

injury risk?...arn't all RB injury risk waiting to happen?..lol

I was really happy to pull off Brown in the fourth round in a 12 team league..and then land T Jones in the 6th..and match them both with Edge who went in the first..

I think Brown will have a good year..and surprise alot of folks
"I am a shining example of what you never wanna be" TESLA '04
bryan1327
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby King Titan » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:19 pm

Man I told you fellas 3 weeks ago that he was #6 on my board and you guys told me I was friggin nuts .... Remember King Titan is a prohet and has plenty of Jim Morrison Mojo working for him ...

Ty Calico will have 900+ yards and 10+ td's ... Bank it!!
King Titan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SDMen1 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:27 pm

Well I don't know how much of a "surprise" it's going to be now seeing as how this guy is consistently being drafted in the 3rd to 5th rounds... I expect this guy to score 12 TD's and rush for over 1,000 yards. Granted, if he does that NFL commentator's will be thrilled, but I'd see that as just a break even point considering what draft pick you have to pay to aquire this guy...

As usual with these types of things, a guy like this gets a lot of hype and his value begins to rise and eventually excel the level of value that he truly represents. Think DeShaun Foster here two years ago. Similiar situation.

My opinion is that Chris Brown is a higher risk guy that justifies that 5th or 6th round pick as long as he's treated as your 3rd or 4th back. Anything less than 12 TD's and 1,000 Yards from a Fantasy Standpoint would have to be considered a disapointment.

SDMen1
SDMen1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby sleeper » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:37 pm

I agree that we need to beware of over-hyped players and not draft "value picks" ahead of their value. BUT, any player that puts up 12 TDs is worth a 3rd round pick. Only 8 players scored that many TDs last year (9 if you include returns). If CB is available to me at pick 35, I'll take him and not look back.
sleeper
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby CC » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:48 pm

King Titan wrote:Man I told you fellas 3 weeks ago that he was #6 on my board and you guys told me I was friggin nuts .... Remember King Titan is a prohet and has plenty of Jim Morrison Mojo working for him ...

You are friggin nuts, no matter how much Brown's stock rises he'll never make it up to #6 before this season.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:52 pm

King Titan wrote:Man I told you fellas 3 weeks ago that he was #6 on my board and you guys told me I was friggin nuts ....

You are nuts... Brown is no where near 6th...

He MIGHT crack top 15 this year, but as of now AT LEAST all of these guys are ahead of him:

Holmes
LT2
Green
Deuce
Alexander
Portis
Edge
Jamal
Taylor
Barlow
Dillon
Dom Davis
Rudi
Henry
Marshall
S. Davis
Westbrook
Bennett

And I like Calico's upside, but he at least has to become a starter before I am going to start giving the guy 1000 yard / 10 TD kind of props... As it stands right now, he can't even beat out Bennett for the #2 spot...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk