Carson Palmer ignites against world champs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Carson Palmer ignites against world champs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Carson Palmer ignites against world champs

Postby Azrael » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:48 pm

I was just looking at his stats on NFL.com. 12/19, 179 yds, 3TDs in the 1st half against the Pats D. Was anyone watching? Did he look as good as the stats indicate?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:50 pm

I wasn't watching but I saw the highlites. He looked pretty good on the TD throws. And Chad Johnson looked like he has been working out big time...dude looked huge out there.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jumpman8828 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:51 pm

VaderFin wrote:I wasn't watching but I saw the highlites. He looked pretty good on the TD throws. And Chad Johnson looked like he has been working out big time...dude looked huge out there.

Hopefully not too big (read: David Boston big).
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VaderFin » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:55 pm

jumpman8828 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:I wasn't watching but I saw the highlites. He looked pretty good on the TD throws. And Chad Johnson looked like he has been working out big time...dude looked huge out there.

Hopefully not too big (read: David Boston big).

I don't think anyone is that freaky big but he definitely looked huge. I thought it was a TE at first glance if that tells you anything.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:55 pm

I wonder if Carson will perform well enough to make good on that Bengals fan bet before that they will finish undefeated.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:58 pm

Boston was another guy who looked like a TE on the field.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jumpman8828 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:02 pm

KingGhidra wrote:Boston was another guy who looked like a TE on the field.

More like a linebacker, or a lineman for that matter.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:15 pm

jumpman8828 wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:Boston was another guy who looked like a TE on the field.

More like a linebacker, or a lineman for that matter.

For such a big guy, I've never seen a bigger sissy when it came to run blocking.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Carson Palmer ignites against world champs

Postby Flux » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:53 pm

Azrael wrote:I was just looking at his stats on NFL.com. 12/19, 179 yds, 3TDs in the 1st half against the Pats D. Was anyone watching? Did he look as good as the stats indicate?

I watched the whole game, Cinci looked incredible on offense. I believe they scored on their first 4 posessions.

CJ doesnt look at all like a TE IMO, i dont know what Vader is talking about to be honest w/ you. He looks like the normal CJ.

For anyone who doesnt have CJ in the top 5 or 6 is going to regret it. He and Palmer already have some VERY nice chemistry.

For those interested in Rudi, he had WAY more acceleration than I remember last year and more than I even saw against TB in their first game. The o-line was very strong, and the entire Bengals offense owned the NE D.

Palmer is the real deal folks. He was a little nervous at first and was overthrowing a couple guys like he did against TB, and there was a drop or 2 by the WRs, but as the game progressed, Palmer got better and better and looked completely comfortable in the pocket (even under pressure). As soon as the receivers get use to the velocity on the ball, Palmer will put up even better stats.

It was a fantastic game for the bengals for sure
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Carson Palmer ignites against world champs

Postby VaderFin » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:00 pm

Flux wrote:
Azrael wrote:I was just looking at his stats on NFL.com. 12/19, 179 yds, 3TDs in the 1st half against the Pats D. Was anyone watching? Did he look as good as the stats indicate?

CJ doesnt look at all like a TE IMO, i dont know what Vader is talking about to be honest w/ you. He looks like the normal CJ.

All I saw was some quick highlites. He looked big in the quick highlite I saw but what do I know. :-o I defer to the Bengals fan!
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk