Carson Palmer ignites against world champs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Carson Palmer ignites against world champs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Carson Palmer ignites against world champs

Postby Flux » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:11 pm

VaderFin wrote:
Flux wrote:
Azrael wrote:I was just looking at his stats on NFL.com. 12/19, 179 yds, 3TDs in the 1st half against the Pats D. Was anyone watching? Did he look as good as the stats indicate?

CJ doesnt look at all like a TE IMO, i dont know what Vader is talking about to be honest w/ you. He looks like the normal CJ.

All I saw was some quick highlites. He looked big in the quick highlite I saw but what do I know. :-o I defer to the Bengals fan!

:-b

no offense to you at all. CJ just looked like the normal CJ. Making some good plays and looking quick
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Football Newbie » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:12 pm

how did perry look? i got him at pick 16 in my rookie draft this year and am excited about next year.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:16 pm

Football Newbie wrote:how did perry look? i got him at pick 16 in my rookie draft this year and am excited about next year.

Perry looked ok, had a taunting call on him which sucked after a very good catch and run.

He looks soooooooooooooo comfortable out in the flat and running routes and is completely fluid catching the ball. He isnt quite up to starting RB standards at running yet, but that should come in time (and are more than likely lacking b/c of his missed time from the holdout)
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hayesb26 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:16 pm

Perry looked like.. a rookie. That's about it. Unfinished, though talented. You could see he has the skills, but needs time to put them to work.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:34 pm

Cincy has been my underrated/sleeper team for awhile. Watch out for the Palmer, Rudi, and CJ trio. But their biggest advantage is how weak their division is.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby hawksfan896 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:26 pm

I thought CJ looked huge too, and I followed him at Oregon State. But, like the other poster said, I'll defer to the Bengals fan. Hope it's not steroids, look at the injuries Boston's going through (that was a joke if any Boston fans want to rip me). I figure the Bengals should be good because they have 2 former OSU receivers, CJ and Houshman....Houzmen....Housem....TJ.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby caneblood » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:40 am

I think the ESPN announcers misspoke during one of the highlights. CJ looked like CJ (maybe a bit stronger) during 2 highlights but then they showed a 3rd highlight where the guy was HUGE and they said it was CJ. Not sure if it was but it could have been their mistake which would explain the confusion. Just a theory!

Anyway, I have the #1 pick in a 12 team league and have been debating the 24/25 pick for a while. CJ or Hines Ward? I'm leaning towards CJ.
caneblood
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hawksfan896 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:59 am

Hahahaha. You're absolutely right. They showed Tony Stewart (the TE, not the race car driver). #86, not 85. Just thought of that. Great catch Cane.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby VaderFin » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:56 am

hawksfan896 wrote:Hahahaha. You're absolutely right. They showed Tony Stewart (the TE, not the race car driver). #86, not 85. Just thought of that. Great catch Cane.

LOL so THAT is what I saw. I coulda swore the guy looked as big as a TE!! B-)
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:00 am

How did Peter Warrick look? I picked him as my 4th WR in the 10th round in a keeper league.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk