Who's the Clev Browns Starting WR? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who's the Clev Browns Starting WR?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby stomperrob » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:03 pm

I'm bettin' on Davis. ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:00 pm

I seem to remember reading that the Browns were shopping Morgan and Davis. I don't know if that's a vote of confidence for Northcutt or not... Sorry about not having a link to post.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby slowkidz » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:29 pm

Favre.com wrote:Morgan is going through the same thing that Travis taylor is going through. He has the potential from scouting reports, but he still hasn't lived up to the initial hype.

Very true. He needs to learn to catch the ball first, and then think about running up field. Until he gets his head straight and start catching the ball, he won't amount to much in the NFL.

Favre.com wrote: Northcutt has openly expressed that he doesn't even wanna play for Cleveland, I'm sure Butch Davis will want to give that type of player the ball often :-t ...

Man is this info old! I would check out either the Browns website, or even the Cafe's Browns Forum for some more up to date info. Since his contract resolution with Cleveland, Northcutt has been one of the top producers in minicamps and training camps. The speculation of trading a Morgan or Davis is because Butch/Robiskie is toying with the idea of moving Northcutt into one of the top two WR spots, leaving one of the others as an extra. And with the crop of WRs Cleveland has right now, losing an underperforming Morgan wouldn't be that much of a loss (let's just hope they actually try to get something for him!)

Davis is a 3rd yr guy, and is expected to really break out. As long as his past injury is out of his head, he should put up some really good numbers with Garcia throwing the ball. All reports out of Cleveland state nothing more than great things about the repoire Garcia has with his teammates, especially the WRs. I see Davis, Northcutt and KW2 being the primary benefactors of the new gunslinger in town.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby MadScott » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:35 am

I know that Garcia is a definite upgrade there at QB as he brings in a steady hand, but IMO, he's going to kill Northcutt and Morgan because he simply can't throw the long ball. I've seen him huck the ball here in SF the last couple of years at a stellar WR in TO and he couldn't even get the ball close to him most of the time. What's a mediocre WR going to do? I can actually see Davis thriving with him as he is big and physical and Morgan maybe doing okay if they use his physical strength.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk