Mike Anderson??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mike Anderson???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mike Anderson???

Postby chinch sacs » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:53 am

I'm not sure why this hasnt been brought up, but Mike Frickin' Anderson had a KILLER day yesterday vs SEA...

I know it was in the second half, but 21 carries, 120 yards and a TD 8-o

Does this have any affest on Q-Tip? (Griffin)

I drafted him in hopes he gets 20-ish carries a game, but if Mike is going to do this kinda stuff in the preseason, it might make Shanahan think hard about a dreaded RBBC :-t
Fantasy sports are dominated by the 50-50-90 rule.
any time you have a 50/50 choice on something,
90% of the time you'll get it wrong.
chinch sacs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GMoney » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:43 am

i think mike is meant to be the FB this year... so shanny will be happy just having him on the field blocking the wy afor Q tip...

not alot to worry about i dont think
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:06 am

Yes, I think this was a fluke game (preseason remember) where Anderson played most of the game and just ran over an inferior defensive unit. Griffin looks to be the main man at least for the beginning of the year.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby fantasyfiend » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:46 am

i heard a blurb while watching denver in the hall of fame game.....that shanahan tol dmike anderson to slim down....he no longer wanted to use him as a fullback....since he is to good of a pure runner.

i think pat summeral said this...so take it for what its worth
fantasyfiend
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flux » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:06 am

Anderson had a good game today, but only got 1 carry last week. I think this was his turn to get the garbage time

Last week was Hearst's turn and everyone was getting on his bandwagon

I actually thought Tatum Bell was supposed to play tonight. I guess not ;-7 That finger really must be hurting him still.

Bell is the only real threat to take the starting spot from Q, and if he cant even play through the 3rd preseason game, its very unlikely he unseats Giffin.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:43 am

I think the fact that Bell still hasn't been on the field is exactly why Anderson got the workload last night. Wouldn't you want to get your backup RB some reps in game situations? I think this is bad news for Bell more than Griffin. It means Shanny has decided Anderson is #2. Bell needs to get his butt out there if he expects to win any playing time this season.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kurtistb » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:44 am

i heard a blurb while watching denver in the hall of fame game.....that shanahan tol dmike anderson to slim down....he no longer wanted to use him as a fullback....since he is to good of a pure runner.

I heard thought I heard that too, but since nothing else was said about it I thought I dreamt it of something.
kurtistb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby moose_ffc » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:00 am

Gunslinger wrote:I think the fact that Bell still hasn't been on the field is exactly why Anderson got the workload last night. Wouldn't you want to get your backup RB some reps in game situations? I think this is bad news for Bell more than Griffin. It means Shanny has decided Anderson is #2. Bell needs to get his butt out there if he expects to win any playing time this season.

Ditto: Don't get too geeked on Mike Anderson he is too old to be a fantasy player worth drafting unless you are in a MEGA DEEP league.
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:56 am

This may even help Griffin IMO. As Flux said Bell is probably Griffin's only true threat. Anderson is out there playing and performing well, gaining ground on Bell. The more time he misses the more ground he will lose on Q Tip and Anderson.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Vegas » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:02 pm

Andersen was playing against the 2nd and 3rd string defense in that game. Griffin got the start and played the entire first half with the Broncos first string, and had a good day himself. This convinces me even *more* that Griffin will be the starter and Andersen the backup, not the other way around.
Vegas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk