Has Watts passed Lelie? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Has Watts passed Lelie?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Has Watts passed Lelie?

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:49 am

I heard on ESPN radio that Watts has passed Lelie as the #2 in Denver. According to their sources Denver has said that Lelie has missed too many opportunities and is now the #3. This was from Eric Karabell who is supposed to be their football expert.

If this is true, this makes Lelie borderline undraftable. I wouldn't draft Watts until he does something during the regular season, he's even made some key drops in the preseason.

Anybody else have any info?

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Budman_ffc » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:10 am

I can tell you this....Watts was with the 1st string last night and Lelie was with the 2nd for whatever that's worth.

Watts - 5 catches for 72 yds
Lelie - 2 catches for 23 yds
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GMoney » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:25 am

watts has looked good.

but i dont quite think the time has come where denver gives up on lelie and goes with watts... however if this trend continues it wont be far away.....

lelie isnt quite done yet.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:15 am

Was Watts still dropping passes like the first game I saw? Or has he improved in that department? I think he could be a nice little WR sleeper, sort of Anquan Boldin it.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Gunslinger » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:23 am

34=Sweetness wrote:Was Watts still dropping passes like the first game I saw? Or has he improved in that department? I think he could be a nice little WR sleeper, sort of Anquan Boldin it.

That's what I was wondering, too. How many passes were thrown his way?
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby King Tim » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:52 am

Budman wrote:I can tell you this....Watts was with the 1st string last night and Lelie was with the 2nd for whatever that's worth.

Were we watching the same game? Lelie was the starter last night. The Broncs ran a lot of 1 WR and 3-5 WR sets, so either they both were or weren't on the field at the same time. That being said, Plummer seems to have a lot more confidence in Watts making something happen.
Chris Mortensen: You can make a case for both QBs (Marino @ Elway) when talking about the "greatest ever", but in terms of just physical talent, John Elway was hands-down the most gifted quarterback who has ever played football.
King Tim
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Gunslinger » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:07 am

King Tim wrote:
Budman wrote:I can tell you this....Watts was with the 1st string last night and Lelie was with the 2nd for whatever that's worth.

Were we watching the same game? Lelie was the starter last night. The Broncs ran a lot of 1 WR and 3-5 WR sets, so either they both were or weren't on the field at the same time. That being said, Plummer seems to have a lot more confidence in Watts making something happen.

So if you watched the game, how did Watts look catching the ball? Did he drop any?
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby King Tim » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:57 am

I only watched the first half and I believe he caught 3 of 4 balls thrown his way. The one drop was a medium range comeback at the sideline with the DB all over him. He looks good but I'm not ready to count out Ashley yet.
Chris Mortensen: You can make a case for both QBs (Marino @ Elway) when talking about the "greatest ever", but in terms of just physical talent, John Elway was hands-down the most gifted quarterback who has ever played football.
King Tim
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Gunslinger » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:12 am

Great, thanks for the info. I'm not ready to write Lelie off either, but I do have Watts in a dynasty league and it's good to see him coming along quickly.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Budman_ffc » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:53 pm

King Tim wrote:Were we watching the same game? Lelie was the starter last night. The Broncs ran a lot of 1 WR and 3-5 WR sets, so either they both were or weren't on the field at the same time. That being said, Plummer seems to have a lot more confidence in Watts making something happen.

Hmmmm.....I didn't get to watch the game, was just going by what I saw on NFL.com's game center. Watts was targeted a of couple times before Lelie's name showed up a series later and he was thrown to 5 times vs Lelie being targeted only twice by Plummer. Sorry about the bad info....just looked like he was starting by what I saw. My apologies.

:,-(
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk