why is everyone low on tiki? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

why is everyone low on tiki?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby roninmedia » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:19 pm

I followed Dayne in college and even though he won the heisman, i never saw him as some kind of spectacular back. I am a Barber pundit and especially in a league that counts catches, I have to go with Tiki as a #2 back. I see him returning to respactable totals...1300 total yards and 8 TDs.

Dayne is overhyped. He put on that performance against a KC DEF that is still porous against the run. Dayne will play the same run he played under thunder and lightning because he isn't as complete of a back as Tiki.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Two words

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:20 pm

Tom Coughlin

as stated above he will NOT tolerate fumbles. On top of that, in Jacksonville he routinely took out fred taylor in favor of scrub named stacy mack at the goal line. It worked, it worked well, so i see him doing the same thing again. I dont think Ron dayne is all that , but he IS better than S.Mack who isnt even in the league to the best of my knowledge. I would rate Dayne as the Giants version of Moe williams this year. Much more valuable in TD only leagues, and a nice bye week fill in but by no means a staple of your RB corp.

INKcogKNEEdough
"THERE WAS SHRINKAGE!!!!!" - George costanza
INKcogKNEEdough
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Two words

Postby cooleyhigh » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:25 pm

INKcogKNEEdough wrote:Tom Coughlin

as stated above he will NOT tolerate fumbles. On top of that, in Jacksonville he routinely took out fred taylor in favor of scrub named stacy mack at the goal line. It worked, it worked well, so i see him doing the same thing again. I dont think Ron dayne is all that , but he IS better than S.Mack who isnt even in the league to the best of my knowledge. I would rate Dayne as the Giants version of Moe williams this year. Much more valuable in TD only leagues, and a nice bye week fill in but by no means a staple of your RB corp.

INKcogKNEEdough

Coughlin liked that scrub Mack so much he is now on the Giants roster 8-o
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:28 pm

intresting,,,,thanks for the info
"THERE WAS SHRINKAGE!!!!!" - George costanza
INKcogKNEEdough
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Amazinz » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:28 pm

T.C. won't tolerate fumbles. OK, we got that. But what does this really mean? Not much for the Giants who have already abandoned signing Mack which looked like a done deal at one point. So we are left with Tiki and Dayne. Did anyone watch the preseason game against Carolina. Tiki looked good and Dayne fumbled twice in the end zone. Dayne is not better than Mack as a goalline back IMHO. I think the whole Tiki/Dayne controversey is getting overblown.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Two words

Postby Amazinz » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:29 pm

cooleyhigh wrote:
INKcogKNEEdough wrote:Tom Coughlin

INKcogKNEEdough

Coughlin liked that scrub Mack so much he is now on the Giants roster 8-o

He's not. It looks like the Giants have anandoned that idea.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby citti34 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:07 pm

Bottom line, if Tiki holds the ball he'll be great #1 back, no problem. Tiki runs real hard and has great hands, if those damn hands would just hold on to the ball. Warner is great at dumping the ball to a back (shovel pass to faulk). Dayne is worthless, the damn guy could get one yard carries when he weighed 270. Dayne is not a threat, I really can care less if he gets 100+ against 2nd + stringers. Image
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby arrbez » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:38 pm

Amazinz wrote:T.C. won't tolerate fumbles. OK, we got that. But what does this really mean? Not much for the Giants who have already abandoned signing Mack which looked like a done deal at one point. So we are left with Tiki and Dayne. Did anyone watch the preseason game against Carolina. Tiki looked good and Dayne fumbled twice in the end zone. Dayne is not better than Mack as a goalline back IMHO. I think the whole Tiki/Dayne controversey is getting overblown.

yeah, i was gonna say, i remember dayne fumbling twice, and at least one was on a goal line carry, which is brutal
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kenjinenjin » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:36 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:
deftdelivery wrote:1) He doesn't score TD's.
2) The aforementioned fumblitis.
3) A former inactive RB is stealing carries.
4) Giants O-line is horrific.

Agreed...btw, aren't you the same guy that tried to make the arguement that Shockey was better than Gonzo? ;-)

no. :~(, although i did post on that thread saying if gonzo's injury was serious shockey could have better numbers
kenjinenjin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:25 pm

Dayne looks better than he did before. He's not a tub of lard dancing to the line. He's being billed as a short yardage/goal-line back, but he hasn't impressed in those situations. He's probably a liability to have on the field because it's probably a running play if he's in. If Barber is on the field, he's a dual threat. This might be a semi-competition early on, but I really don't think Dayne is good enough to keep Barber on the sidelines except for a breather.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk