Which 5 of last years top 10 rb's won't make it this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Which 5 of last years top 10 rb's won't make it this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which 5 of last years top 10 rb's won't make it this year?

Postby hardcore » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:18 am

Historically speaking , this seems to happen every year.
I'm curious as to who everyone thinks is in and out.

Who's in

EDGE -Top 5 Rb this year. Based on what I see in pre-season, it will be a mistake to let him slide past 7 in the draft. He seems to be hitting the hole fast and displays the same cutback he had several years ago.

BARLOW- I see a lot of doubters on this board. Uh , he plays in the softest division in football. AZ,SEA,ST LOUIS all have mediocre runnung defenses. IF he stay healthy, he will get 280-300 carries and hit the top 10 this year.

Other candidates- C.Brown, D.davis, Westbrook,Rudy Johnson.

I think Preist,Tomlinson,Duece, S.Alex,Green, and Edge are locks for this year.

WHO'S OUT

Ricky Williams- Retired/retarded

S.Davis-Looks to be RBBC in Carolina. Davis may get a majority of the carries,but I think Foster will eat away and be the starter if Davis spends time on the IR.

T. HENRY...who know's how many carries he will get. I think he and Willis will be splitting the carries 70/30. IF he does get 70%, and the coach has stated he wants to run 30 times a game, that still amounts to over 20 a game for him. Somehow , I think he slides. out this eyar.

J. LEWIS -Not going to rush for 1600 let alone 2000 this year. He should miss 2-3 games during the trial. I think he runs for 1100-1200
this year.
hardcore
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Gunslinger » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:12 am

This probably belongs in the 2004 Predictions forum, but I'm not sure. Anyway, your assessment is pretty close to what I would say. I am a DD doubter and am not as positive about Barlow as you seem to be. A couple weeks ago I would have said you were crazy for putting Henry in the "Might not make it" list. But I have to admit that I'm starting to get worried about McGahee.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hardcore » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:44 pm

Bump
hardcore
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:03 pm

The obvious choice is Ricky Williams, but we already covered that.
I think it's time to finally sit Marshall Faulk out of the top ten. He's banged up, old and the offensive line is falling apart. I also see Travis Henry falling because of McGahee. Stephen Davis will be splitting carries so he's out of the top ten.

I really see Edgerrin having a big year. That team is ready to pop and Edge will be a big part of it. I also see Fred Taylor having a massive year. He's so underrated, it's scary, and I don't see him losing goal line carries to Greg Jones.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:23 pm

I think your six locks to return to the top 10 are spot on. I would also count on Taylor, Barlow, Faulk, and Henry being there.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby badass32 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:44 pm

the gunslinger is an awesome book
http://imgmywebpage.netscape.com/Smackthefirst/Deuce-Barlow-Sig.jpg/img
badass32
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Favre.com » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:37 pm

First of all, I do not expect Lewis to miss more then a game because of the trial because I fully believe his agent when he says the trial will not affect his NFL duties. I have doubt about Faulk cause it usually takes 2 years to recover from surgery, and hes only starting his second year. I'm not sold on Barlow cause that team cannot sell the pass and with no pass threats the line will be stacked on the run. Curtis Conway is abrely a #3 now, but him as a #1? What were they thinking?!
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:20 pm

Favre.com wrote:Curtis Conway is abrely a #3 now, but him as a #1? What were they thinking?!

I don't think he's a #1 WR in San Fran. As far as I have read (a Dennis Erickson press conference a week ago), the two top receivers there are Brandon Lloyd and Cedrick Wilson.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Favre.com » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:44 pm

Guess I was missinformed then, but I don't see why they would sign him otherwise. 1 or 3, it doesn't matter because the team has no solid #1's, and I can barely call Wilson a #2 so with noone selling the pass Barlow will have trouble getting yardage with the 8 man box stacked against him.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby SuperFly_ffc » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:59 pm

Actually I think they brought in Conway to help the young receiving core with their growth. Lloyd and Wilson will be fine. Did anyone see that catch that Lloyd made in the game over the weekend? It was pretty impressive.
SuperFly_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk