Not a Raiders fan, but why low on Gannon??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Not a Raiders fan, but why low on Gannon???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Not a Raiders fan, but why low on Gannon???

Postby garretterik » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:56 am

I drafted Gannon last year and he killed my team with all those injuries. However, why is everybody low on Gannon in some rankings he isn't even in the top 20 passers.
Yet heres a guy coming back from injury with something to prove and having a great camp. Also, his WR corp has gotten faster and his team has gotten better, except for its run game - meaning more passing. I don't get it why is the 2002 MVP getting no love?
garretterik
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:14 am

Well I think there's a pretty decent chance that K.C. takes his job. That's not helping him in the rankings any.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deftdelivery » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:20 am

I'm actually a little high on Gannon, and believe he will bounce back this season. Collins hasn't shown enough to take his job yet, and I think Gannon still has a year or 2 left in him.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Turnip » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:25 am

There are enough QBs with surefire gigs that messing with a QB contraversy is unnecessary. I actually think Collins will be the man in Oakland but I'm not messing with either.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby STEELtownUSA » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:28 am

i mean you can say all you want about him but he is in his forties, isn't he?
STEELtownUSA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Good post

Postby migarvin » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:53 am

its funny how testerverde is ranked higher than him in some rankings. Hes gonna have a great year. I picked him up in all my leagues in about the 9th, 10th round.

norv turner already declared him the most accurate qb he's been around. There is no way kerry collins takes his job. kerry collins is not that good - he has his moments but after watching hte giants everyweek there is no way in hell gannon loses out to collins

take him and be the man of your league!
migarvin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Vegas » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:58 am

I for one am not at all low on Gannon this season. The opposite, actually. I'm hoping to grab him as a backup in the 9th round or so, because I'm sure he'll still be there in my league and I think he's in for a great season. I severely doubt that he'll lose his job to Collins this season.
Vegas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Good post

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:58 am

migarvin wrote:its funny how testerverde is ranked higher than him in some rankings. Hes gonna have a great year. I picked him up in all my leagues in about the 9th, 10th round.

norv turner already declared him the most accurate qb he's been around. There is no way kerry collins takes his job. kerry collins is not that good - he has his moments but after watching hte giants everyweek there is no way in hell gannon loses out to collins

take him and be the man of your league!

I think he has a solid chance of performing well this year, but why take a guy in the 9th or 10th round when most of the time is available as a free agent?

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:00 pm

K.C. is that good. His problems are that he doesn't execute the short pass well and when the pocket breaks down he doesn't adapt very quickly. He'll put up better numbers than Gannon in this system I think.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

yeah ok

Postby migarvin » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:05 pm

you must be on crack with this statement - K.C. is that good. His problems are that he doesn't execute the short pass well and when the pocket breaks down he doesn't adapt very quickly. He'll put up better numbers than Gannon in this system I think.

collins definately has his games where he is on point and his line kind of blew - but he's had tiki who is a pretty good back minus the fumblign and, 2 reliable receivers and one of hte best tightends. Gannon is a better qb - and norv said he threw a 50 yard bomb the other day so this arm strenght crpa is overrated
migarvin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk