2QB strategy Please advise - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2QB strategy Please advise

Moderator: Football Moderators

2QB strategy Please advise

Postby AGENT » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:04 pm

Does anyone have a strategy for a 2QB league? When do you take your QB. We have 12 teams as well
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Petey » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:12 pm

I usually take the best 2 available back-to-back with my 7th and 8th round picks.
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby matmat » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:48 pm

depends on the scoring :)
in the league I am in the tope QBs outscore the top RB so I might take 2RB and 2QB in the first four rounds depending on where my draft spot is.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AGENT » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:52 pm

Of course they outscore running backs but what is the value? Have you figured out the differene between the top rb and bottom rb and the same for the QB?
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:02 pm

petey wrote:I usually take the best 2 available back-to-back with my 7th and 8th round picks.

In my experiences with 2 QB leagues if you wait till the 7th 8th rounds to draft them you will end up with Harrington and Carr. There are very few good QBs around when you are talking 2 per team in a 12 team league. I'd take them in the first 5 rounds. BOTH OF them. They are just as important as RBs in this system. In fact I'd take Culpepper and Manning at the end of the 1st.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Capstone 92 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:25 pm

I have played in 1 league like that and I would pick up as many QBs as possible. You have a 12 team league so only half the teams would have a backup. Its not like having a RB by committee where you get some points a week. Either they start or they don't. When you get six weeks into the season there are QBs that go down and their backups are horrible and then others that have bye weeks. This makes for some serious tradebait. You can get a real good #2 RB or maybe even a top 15 RB for the likes of Plummer, Garcia, or maybe even someone in desperate need Brunell or Harrington. I would get a 2 RB and then seriously start going after QBs. You will be amazed at how quickly someone is willing to trade when they are starting Banks and Feeley.
Capstone 92
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk