For the LOVE OF GOD HELP!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

For the LOVE OF GOD HELP!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

For the LOVE OF GOD HELP!!!

Postby PowderedToastMan » Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:47 am

Hi guys. you have helped me before and i really apperiate it! I am comming of a Disasterous Week. I got Bombed. I lost Cmart Early the only player who really came through was Boston. I am in a 12 Keeper league. Should i be worried already?? here is my team.

QB K.Warner/V.Testeverde
RB C.Martin/Emmit/T.Jones/T.Hambrick/K.Faulk
WR D.Boston/Q.Ismail/T.Glenn/B.Finneran/A.Bryant/L.Lelie
K.J.Wilkins/M.Hollis
DT. Dallas

I was unlucky enough to have Ismail on the bench this week and lost his 20 points. Please any Trade Advice or Input i really need some Advice!! Give me an idea of how i can Upgrade or am i Gettin Worried too early? Thanks
PowderedToastMan

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby PowderedToastMan » Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:52 pm

More Help Guys PLEASE!!! BUMP! :~(
PowderedToastMan

Postby terpfan » Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:06 pm

u better hope martin comes back soon. if he plays next week u will not be in terrible shape. with warner on ur roster u cant be counted out.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby PowderedToastMan » Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:11 pm

GREAT! Some KIND WORDS. hehehe Well I apperiate your words man i hope your right! Should I look to trade Testeverde and a RB ie Emmit or Jones for a better Tier RunningBack? Let me know some options for trade i might Look into! thanks. :-o
PowderedToastMan

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:12 pm

I would drop Faulk and grab Jordan to start just in case Martin is going to be out.

second maybe work a deal for Warner for a top back/ and QB. Vinnie should do okay this year.

or trade Ismail right now while he is hot for a decent back(Dunn, Pittman, Garner, etc...) then hope Jones or smith can be a usable 3rd RB. Scan the waivers for a WR that might put up decent numbers to go with Boston and Glenn.

I would hate to get rid of Warner so I would try the WR idea first.

Postby trentvaughn » Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:14 pm

You will never trade Testeverde and Smith or Jones to anyone for anyone else decent. You really have a problem with this team. Drop Kevin Faulk. Thomas Jones sucks. Just face it. You're good at WR except for the two rookies. Ditch them and pick up someone else who is on your free agent list. Drop your second kicker. That will be a start. You may be able to trade Warner and Jones to some fool will give you A. Green, S. Davis, E. George or T. Henry and a decent QB. See what happens. But they're right. A bad draft usually means a bad team. Sorry to tell you that.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

You're Not Alone

Postby DraftDodger » Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:21 pm

The Stud RB theory took a big hit this week as the majority of perennial pro RBs fell flat on their collective faces. You have plenty of talent at WR and you're going to need to use it to shop around for RBs. You will have to offer more than you get, however, as RB is the tougher position to fill, and with 12 teams in your league there aren't going to be alot of spare RBs kicking around.

Another possibility is to shop Martin around, say by bundling him with one of your lesser WRs, for a slightly lower ranked RB, and let someone else worry about when he will reappear.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby PowderedToastMan » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:22 pm

OH NO! the kind words have gone wayside! oh well you guys are atleast being honest! If i were to trade warner what should i look for in return? just some ideas! Thanks again guys for all the advice.
PowderedToastMan

Postby n_tremain23 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:34 pm

Alright,dont panic!LoL,it's only the first week.You have PLENTY of time to get back on track for Week 2,let alone the rest of the season.Don't worry too much.C-Mart is a durable back who hasn't had problems with injuries in his career.Just keep an eye on his status,and in the mean time grab LaMont Jordan for insurance.Drop Faulk to get him.From what I can tell,your WR depth is your only problem,and that might not hurt you that much.Glenn's not a reliable 3rd WR,but Finneran and Bryant could start putting up numbers and either one could move into your #3.Do you start only 1 QB?If you do,then you may want to look into your FA market and see what QB's are available,that way,if there's a decent option available there,then you can trade Testerverde for help at other positions.Well,whatever you do just let us know.
n_tremain23

Postby PowderedToastMan » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:55 pm

Thanks Trem! The Waiver wire and FA list has been picked clean from what i see, Someone already has Jordon I have been offered a combo of B.Greiese/R.Williams for Warner/and T.Jones or Emmit Smith also B.Johnson/A.Green for Warner/T.Jones/J.Wilkins and a WR what do you guys think? Stay?
PowderedToastMan

Next

Return to Football Talk