Travis Henry-Injury only minor - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Travis Henry-Injury only minor

Moderator: Football Moderators

Travis Henry-Injury only minor

Postby Smizzy » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:57 pm

August 22, 2004 11:44 AM ET
Bills: Henry injury minor

The News
The side injury that caused Travis Henry to leave the game Saturday night is officially being called bruised ribs and Henry considers the injury minor. Henry hurt himself after a hard hit by the Titans' Keith Bulluck, and hurt his ribs when he was driven into the ground. It is the same spot where he tore rib cartilage in week three of 2003. He missed a game before opting to play through the pain. "It's not nearly as bad," Henry told the Associated Press. "I'm breathing a lot better and moving around a lot better. It's a little sore…but I think it's going to be ok."
Our View
There was no word on how much action, if any, Henry might miss. It looks like he'll probably take it easy in practice and the rest of the preseason, but expect the tough-as-nails Henry to be in the starting lineup – as the number one running back – on opening day.
~Fanball
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moose_ffc » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:10 pm

I wasn't too worried about the injury. Henry is a warrior and the competetion with McGahee will only bring out the fighter in this solid back. Henry is playing for a big contract this season, so expect him to fight for every yard this year. I think this guy is very hungry and he will be a solid #2 RB!
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:37 pm

Knowing Henry, he probably broke all the bones in his chest and back and is shrugging it off as nothing.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:00 pm

I think it may be time to break out the old sig... :-D

The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk