Booker trade effect on Thomas Jones? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Booker trade effect on Thomas Jones?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Booker trade effect on Thomas Jones?

Postby Wolverine » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:03 pm

Is the Booker trade a good or a bad thing for Thomas Jones owners? At the surface it looks like they're going to commit more to the run with this move, but you wonder if this will just entice opposing defenses to stack 7-8 in the box. Thoughts?
Wolverine
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:06 pm

I think this will hurt Jones. Just as you said, the D will know the Bears are trying to run. I dont see why they wouldnt just stack the box, and single cover Gage and Terrell. I would rather have an inexperienced QB and 2 unproven WRs try and beat me rather than Jones.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:06 pm

They're gonna have to find someone who can catch. I think this has the biggest effect on Desmond Clark. TJ has never been a guy who has been used much for receptions, but he may have some untapped talent... Lovie is building up a big-time defense that's for sure. They are gonna rely on the running game. TJ is no Stephen Davis, but that's good news for TJ owners.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:06 pm

Never thought I'd see the day when we were discussing whether defences would run 8 in the box against Thomas Jones.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jacopo2155 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:07 pm

yeah this will hurt jones because the bears have no go to receiver and jones wont get much room to run
Ezekiel 25:17
jacopo2155
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:12 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Never thought I'd see the day when we were discussing whether defences would run 8 in the box against Thomas Jones.

:-b :-b
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Wolverine » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:34 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Never thought I'd see the day when we were discussing whether defences would run 8 in the box against Thomas Jones.

Yes it is somewhat humorous when you think about how crappy his career has been up to this point.
Wolverine
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Atrain 35 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:37 pm

I am a bears fan, and have been to the preseason games. Jones is gonna be good this year. I love anthony thomas, but he will be the odd man out. Jones is rushing like a mad man, and they have yet to show off his catching skills yet. They are not showing them, so that we do not exspose too much in preseason. He will get loads of fantasy points this season.
Atrain 35
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Andy1234 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:51 pm

The move has no effect on Thomas Jones, Booker hasn't been a huge part of the offense the last 3 seasons and isn't a good fit in the new offense scheme. The Bears O would look the same with or without Booker. So it doesn't effect Jones. Unless you take into account that the Bears now have a better D.
Stewie: [hitting on some co-eds] I must say, the most recent campus sporting event was quite spectacular.
Co-ed: Aw. Are you in a fraternity, little boy?
Stewie: Not yet, but I'm thinking of joining I Felta Thigh.
Andy1234
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Guru » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:27 pm

TJ has looked great in this preseason. The bears have been feeding him the ball in the run and the pass.

The trading of Booker definatly hurts TJ. Teams will know that TJ is the only offensive weapon on the Bears and they will make sure to take that away with 8 man fronts.

With no WR threat of Booker's talent on the Bears now, teams will just focus on stoping TJ.
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk