i

Postby migarvin » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:12 am

meant to say the same size as portis!@
migarvin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:34 am

I put him towards the bottom of the 2nd round RB list... In the S. Davis/Marshall Faulk category...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:23 am

Plindsey88 wrote:I put him towards the bottom of the 2nd round RB list... In the S. Davis/Marshall Faulk category...

Ever since I got slapped around in the forum for saying Steohen Davis was a Top Ten back this year, all signs point to RBBC or something like it in Carolina. So I acquiese. I doubt I'd draft Davis above the late 3rd round, or even 4th rond now.

I agree that Westbrook is 2nd-round-worthy now, though.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:38 am

Wesley Walker wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:I put him towards the bottom of the 2nd round RB list... In the S. Davis/Marshall Faulk category...

Ever since I got slapped around in the forum for saying Steohen Davis was a Top Ten back this year, all signs point to RBBC or something like it in Carolina. So I acquiese. I doubt I'd draft Davis above the late 3rd round, or even 4th rond now.

I agree that Westbrook is 2nd-round-worthy now, though.

Clearly we will be looking at RBBC AND a revamped passing attack in Carolina... I had to pay dearly to upgrade from S. Davis to Dom Davis in one of my leagues last week, but I don't necessarily think Stephen drops out of the third round... I still wouldn't mind having him as a number 3...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jbuk » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:42 pm

I've managed to get Westbrook as my 3rd RB in both of my drafts so far (the last 2 days) - and am very happy about it.

I have him as late 2nd/early 3rd. Wouldn't be too concerned with Levens, who I can't see doing much other than giving Brian the occasional rest.
jbuk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:52 pm

Westbrook is NOT a featured back. Drafting him as your 2nd RB is a mistake. This guy is injury prone and he's small. He's very explosive, but he WILL wear down.

I wouldn't touch this guy before the 4th round personally. Because some weeks you'll be thrilled and some weeks you'll be sorely disappointed. He is not an every-down back. Philly will use Mahe, Levens, Westbrook, empty sets. They'll use everything.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tman570 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:05 pm

I disagree, westbrook is a great #2 RB with buck out for the year. I think he will hold up just fine and put up some large numbers.
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:11 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote: Because some weeks you'll be thrilled and some weeks you'll be sorely disappointed.

Except last year he was incredibly consistent each week off of ~10 total touches (carries + catches). KingGhidra did an excellent analysis of RB consistency awhile ago showing this.

Now, Levens and Mahe just dont compare to Duce and Buckhalter, so I'd expect a lot (20-25) more touches for Westbrook which should translate into even better consistency, and of course more points.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:25 pm

maddog60 wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote: Because some weeks you'll be thrilled and some weeks you'll be sorely disappointed.

Except last year he was incredibly consistent each week off of ~10 total touches (carries + catches). KingGhidra did an excellent analysis of RB consistency awhile ago showing this.

Now, Levens and Mahe just dont compare to Duce and Buckhalter, so I'd expect a lot (20-25) more touches for Westbrook which should translate into even better consistency, and of course more points.

Didn't you just hear what I said? He won't be able to take a lot more touches. He's fragile, man. He'll break like a piece of glass if you give him 25 touches a game, not to mention tire out over the course of the season.

And you thought he was consistent off ~10 touches. I watched every single game and some of those TDs were freak plays. Like the one were NO ONE was covering him when he motioned out wide. How many times do you think that will happen again?

I'm a diehard Eagles fan, but I will not be taking Westbrook. I'll let one of the other people in my league overreact to the loss of Buckhalter.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Philly Phantom » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:02 pm

Signing Dorsey won't really impact that much. However, I do predict that McNabb's rushing numbers will go up. (500 yds and 4-5 TD's)
I may be a Bengals fan (since '81), but I know my Football.
Philly Phantom Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk