Brian Westbrook - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brian Westbrook

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby beerman » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:09 pm

i can see them giving levens goaline carries but i hope they don't.
beerman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: so dumb!

Postby Philly Phantom » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:12 pm

migarvin wrote:the guy is the same exact size as portis - but he's more explosive. Remember he has the ncaa record for all purpose yards ever, which means he's durable.

I drafted him in the 3rd round: a steal!@

LOL. He played at a DII school (Villanova), against competition whose skilled players probably ran a 5.4/40. NFL LB's run in the low 4's now and average about 240 lb's.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily call Westbrook more explosive. Portis can run between the tackles with power, break tackles and bounce it outside. Try running 'Brook inside 5 to 10 times a game and you will shorten his season. 'Brook is a better receiver though.
I may be a Bengals fan (since '81), but I know my Football.
Philly Phantom Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Westbrook & Barry Sanders

Postby Thread7 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:48 pm

They all said Barry Sanders was too small to be durable as well. Where did I recently see him? Was it somewhere in Ohio?
Thread7
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

westbrook

Postby skull spitiin sharks » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:29 pm

Is westbrook still gonna be returning kick offs and punts?
my guess is he wouldnt be if he's expected to carry the load at running back...and if it is gonna be a rbbc and he is returning punts then ill look to pick him up maybe in the 3rd. to 4th rnd..Theres to many other backs out there to pick up as a second back to waste a 2nd on all the doubt of westbrook...[/b]
Skull Spittin Sharks
skull spitiin sharks Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby jacopo2155 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:37 pm

well fellas thanks for all the posts i didnt think this thread would go this far.
Ezekiel 25:17
jacopo2155
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:38 pm

i don't see anway how he will be returning kicks...not with buckhalter gone. plus they have some guy who has returned 2 kickoffs back already for tds...I wouldn't plan on anything more than the occassional spot duty there, if at all.

No way they willingly put him in on special teams to get creamed.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moloko9 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:02 pm

On the injury concerns with Westbrook: "Of all the things that would happen on that play (12/27/03 vs. Washington when Westbrook got hurt) when you stick you arm in the ground, maybe tenth on your list would be a torn triceps. You could jam a shoulder, hyperextend an elbow, hurt your wrist, and dislocate a finger. All the things in your wildest dreams, you think a guy putting his arm on the ground is going to equal a torn triceps. I don't see it that way.

"He is a tough kid. You don't run up there on a return staring down the teeth of the people running at you without being a tough guy. I don't think he is injury prone. He is a tough guy. I don't have a lot of concerns in that area."
Brad Childress
Eagles OC

I don't see where the injury prone label is coming from
He's had two injuries in two years that have cost him 2 reg season games. Missing 2 out of 32 is hardly injury prone.

I think Westbrook is getting underrated, especially now that he'll be taking more of the load sharing with Levens rather than Buckhalter.

I'd rate him solid #2 with a huge upside. There is an injury risk there, he has been hurt. But I don't think that risk is any more than average.
moloko9
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Homeless » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:07 pm

Im going to fall on the side of the people taking him as their 2nd RB. If you have a feature back at #1 and Westbrook at #2 then youve done well (assuming your other picks are decent)

Westbrook represents great value where he is being taken in most drafts, late 2nd early 3rd, if you get him later than that, he is a steal, the guy will get the bulk of the carries and he will rack up a lot of fantasy points. He has as much chance of getting injured as any other RB.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:14 pm

Homeless wrote:Im going to fall on the side of the people taking him as their 2nd RB. If you have a feature back at #1 and Westbrook at #2 then youve done well (assuming your other picks are decent)

Westbrook represents great value where he is being taken in most drafts, late 2nd early 3rd, if you get him later than that, he is a steal, the guy will get the bulk of the carries and he will rack up a lot of fantasy points. He has as much chance of getting injured as any other RB.

That's why you are the man, Homey! I have him ranked right at #23 overall. Westbrooke can run and catch with the best of the top backs. If he's not getting his TD's taken away by Buckhalter, he's going to rack up top numbers.

If I get the #1 pick and get Priest, Westbrooke, and a top receiver like CJ or Ward, I'm going to be ecstatic.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jacopo2155 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:34 pm

this thread has made me a lot happier about drafting westbrook with the first pick of the 4th round.
Ezekiel 25:17
jacopo2155
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk