Brian Westbrook - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brian Westbrook

Moderator: Football Moderators

THis is dumb

Postby migarvin » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:43 pm

westbrook will be awesome. He was awesome last year adn single--handedly one games for the eagles. to say he's injury proned is like saying clinton is injury-prone. Who missed more games last year? hAHAH. aND THEY ARE ABOUT THE SAME SIZE!

and to the dude that made fun of hte fact he went to villanova. Who cares if the players there suck, he still dominated adn like i said before, broke the all time mark for all purpose yards. Not on easy task considering he was reliant on an o-line which probably blew as bad as the d he faced.

And lets compare him to portis some more. ITS PRETTY CLEAR THAT PORTIS CAME OUT EARLY BECAUSE HE KNEW DAMN WELL THAT HE WOULD LOSE HIS STARTING SPOT TO FRANK GORE IN MIAMi BECASUE FRANK GORE HAS ALREADY BEEN LABELED(by the various miami coaches, coker, davis and their rb coach) THE BEST BACK FOR MIAMI IN THE LAST 10 YEARS.

So who sucks now?
migarvin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

my team

Postby hwkyetkd11 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:04 pm

Yeh I grabbed westbrook as my #2 at the end of the 4th round of an 8 man league and expect big things. I also picke dup C. Brown and Garner later in case of injury. he will put up good numbers, especially if you get a point for catches. The man can do it all and will show you. The whole Philadelphia offense will
hwkyetkd11
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby PSU All Day » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:06 am

Westbrook was the first player at any college level to rush for over a 1000 yards and receive for over 1000 yards.

I am not worried about him being hurt because that is a worry for any back. I am a little worried that he might (I stress might) lack power running between the tackles but he hits the hole hard and is "shifty" so that might not be as much of a concern.

I like Westbrook as a #2 RB I LOVE him as a #3.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: THis is dumb

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:37 am

migarvin wrote:westbrook will be awesome. He was awesome last year adn single--handedly one games for the eagles. to say he's injury proned is like saying clinton is injury-prone. Who missed more games last year? hAHAH. aND THEY ARE ABOUT THE SAME SIZE!

and to the dude that made fun of hte fact he went to villanova. Who cares if the players there suck, he still dominated adn like i said before, broke the all time mark for all purpose yards. Not on easy task considering he was reliant on an o-line which probably blew as bad as the d he faced.

And lets compare him to portis some more. ITS PRETTY CLEAR THAT PORTIS CAME OUT EARLY BECAUSE HE KNEW DAMN WELL THAT HE WOULD LOSE HIS STARTING SPOT TO FRANK GORE IN MIAMi BECASUE FRANK GORE HAS ALREADY BEEN LABELED(by the various miami coaches, coker, davis and their rb coach) THE BEST BACK FOR MIAMI IN THE LAST 10 YEARS.

So who sucks now?
First off, learn to spell. And 2nd, Frank Gore can't stay on the field to save his life. Everytime I look hes hurt. Best back in Miami? So hes better then Edge, McGahee and Portis? Thats cute. Portis came out early so he could get the money. Simple.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby caneblood » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:39 am

First off, learn to spell. And 2nd, Frank Gore can't stay on the field to save his life. Everytime I look hes hurt. Best back in Miami? So hes better then Edge, McGahee and Portis? Thats cute. Portis came out early so he could get the money. Simple.

I'm a huge Canes fan and have gone to almost every practice/game for the past decade. When Portis decided to leave early, it DID look like Gore would overtake him. That was before the injuries. The injuries occurred later. I'm not sure what Gore's future will be like (I still think he'll be very good) but back then most if the coaches/fans were predicting that Gore would be the best back in Miami over the past decade. And yes, that includes all of the aforementioned names.

As for Westbrook ... Shhhhhhh! Keep it quiet. I like him being undervalued. Personally I think he'll put up #1RB numbers but should be taken as a #2 back. My big question at the 24/25 spot is Westbrook or Barlow?
caneblood
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: THis is dumb

Postby CC » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:43 am

migarvin wrote:westbrook will be awesome. He was awesome last year adn single--handedly one games for the eagles. to say he's injury proned is like saying clinton is injury-prone. Who missed more games last year? hAHAH. aND THEY ARE ABOUT THE SAME SIZE!

So who sucks now?

Clinton Portis is injury prone. I love Frank Gore, but I would like to see a couple more games and a little less hype.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bionic » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:33 pm

Here's a question: as a #2 back, Westbrook or CMart?

At least CMart doesn't get hurt, is consistent, and is talking (along with Herm) about having a better year.
bionic
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby MadScott » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:55 pm

bionic wrote:Here's a question: as a #2 back, Westbrook or CMart?

At least CMart doesn't get hurt, is consistent, and is talking (along with Herm) about having a better year.
While I do have some questions about Westbrook's durability, I really can't see him missing more than a couple games tops this year, which would be historically on par with most RBs in the NFL. I think he could be Dom Davisesque in a better offensive situation.

As for Westbrook v. CMart, I've got to put my faith in the hands of youth. CMart has got to fall off one day, he' approaching 3000 carries, a level that only 4 RBs have ever reached! He's a marvel at his age and workload, but the odds are starting to really get stacked against him.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk