Ahman green - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ahman green

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ahman green

Postby badass32 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:55 pm

what will ahman do this year? better or worse? or the same?
http://imgmywebpage.netscape.com/Smackthefirst/Deuce-Barlow-Sig.jpg/img
badass32
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Members Only Jackets_ffc » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:36 pm

a Packer fan at my local sports bar said they're gonna throw a lot more to him out of the backfield.....I think he'll have a better year than last.
One for the thumb...
Members Only Jackets_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deftdelivery » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:37 pm

I like him to exceed last year's #'s as well...GB has relied on him more and more as the seasons have progressed. Only concern is his durability...which really shouldn't worry you too much.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:13 pm

I think Ahman is in for a similar season to last years, I see him catching a couple less TDs and maybe running in a few more.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:05 pm

Green is the focus of the Packers offense at this point. Everything starts with him. I see no reason for him not to repeat last year's success. The fumble problem is going away slowly (only 6 last year), so that will reduce some of his negative poitns. I have him ranked 3rd for this year!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby hawksfan896 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:25 pm

I don't see him repeating last year's sucess at all. Last year just seemed too flukey to me. He's definitely a great RB, but last year just had one of those "magical season" feels to it (like Harrison in '02). You figure he averaged 20 more yds/game than ever before and scored 6 more rushing TDs than his previous best. I'd say the only thing he will improve is his receiving numbers. Other than TDs his receiving stats were way down last year. I think he is still a good choice at #3 (although a valid argument could be made for SA, Deuce or Portis), but I wouldn't count on last year's numbers.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Flockers » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:28 pm

I see him repeating last years numbers also. Give or take a few yards. But I do look for him to be a better recieving threat, but he needs to work on his carrying.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Wesley Walker » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:30 pm

I have a slightly different take on Ahman whom, I agree, is a huge talent and easily in the Top FIve Fantasy Backs of this season.

Last year Ahman was second only to Jamal Lewis in the NFL in rushing yardage. He was second only to Proest Holmes in rushing TDs. He was 12th in the NFL in receiving yards for a RB, but first for receiving TDs.

To say Ahman will improve on these numbers is a bold prediction indeed but not very likely in my opinion. He may equal these numbers. But the most likely scenario is that he's somewhere close, but not quite at the level of 2003/4, which was an exceptional year.

I'm just talking probability here. I could be wrong. I was wrong about Priest going into last season, so Ahman could maintain or improve on his performance of last season. But like I said, it is not likely.

If I get Ahman in a draft, I'll be hoping he can come close to his numbers from last season.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby joester » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:31 pm

His yards will remain steay from last season, but I seriously doubt he won't score 20 TDs again. I would look for something like 14-18.
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:42 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Green is the focus of the Packers offense at this point. Everything starts with him. I see no reason for him not to repeat last year's success. The fumble problem is going away slowly (only 6 last year), so that will reduce some of his negative poitns. I have him ranked 3rd for this year!

And no fumbles since he took of the black armbands!
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk