Dominick Davis? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dominick Davis?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jumpman8828 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:39 pm

portisfan24 wrote:im with azrael on this one. one good season doesnt convince me of too much. now he has these injuries and tony hollings is pushing him. smells like a bust to me

I think you have to take into account that it was his rookie season, and he obviously couldn't have had any other good seasons. It's not like he had 3 mediocre seasons before busting out or anything like that.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

DOUBLE D

Postby mrtexansfan » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:10 am

DOUBLE D has sat out the first 2 preseason games due to 3 little nagging injuries. him sitting out is strictley precausionary as the most severe of the injuries is a strained quadracept. he will be the starter in H-TOWN but they need to see what Hollings can do. remember he only started 6 games in college as a running back so this gives the Texans a chance to look at him to see if he can compete with Double D, which at this stage he hasnt shown consistancy. Wells who was slated as the third back has had a great camp thus far and will be in the mix as well. Look for DD to improve his game this year and and dont be suprised at the end of the year to see him in the top group of backs in the NFL. He has a graet attitude and work ethic and the offense around him will be greatly improved this year especially the O line.
mrtexansfan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby tman570 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:45 am

I am not big on DD and I think he wont be as a reliable #2 as most people think. God help you if he is your #1 back.
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby allmotorjunkie » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:29 pm

tman570 wrote:I am not big on DD and I think he wont be as a reliable #2 as most people think. God help you if he is your #1 back.

Lol..... ;-D
allmotorjunkie
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby St. Brian » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:51 pm

I got DD as my #2 and honestly didn't feel great about it. But I have Tomlinson as my no.1 and Trent Green at QB to fall back on. Those running backs go fast. Jamal Lewis slipped low enough to be picked up by the same guy who has Priest Holmes. If he stays out of jail, that could be lethal for us.

I'm just keeping the old fingers crossed with DD.
"We sucked. We couldn't do diddly-poo out there..." Jim Mora
St. Brian
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Flockers » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:55 pm

What happened to Domanick Davis? :-?
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby NFLknowitall » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:50 pm

Flockers wrote:What happened to Domanick Davis? :-?

What? Where? Who? geez.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JerseyBearsGuy » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:19 pm

One season cannot tell you enough about a player. But how they do perform is a guideline of what they are capable of. I dont think that he will be a bust, he got a 1,000 yards last year. Lets also remember that a 1,000 yards is not really that big of a deal any more, its 59 yards a game. If he stays healtly he will perform, maybe 1,200 yards?? If these injuries are reallly not that serious then he will be a good #2. But if those problems linger throughout the season, then he will not come close to his potential #'s and be considered a bust to many. But if Priest, SA, or Deuce get hurt and miss some games, they will not perform like a "stud" or a 1st rounder, will they be considered a bust or will the excuse of them being hurt overshadow the bust label? Anyone can get hurt at anytime and miss games, I dont think that that is a bust, thats unlucky. Now if C. Dillon plays 17 healty games and gets 987 yards and 3 TD's, that s a bust.
A. Luck, M. Vick
A. Morris, S. Ridley, D. Williams, L. Miller, W. Mcgahee
B. Marshall, Julio Jones, S. Smith, S. Johnson, E. Royal, M. Brown
J. Thomas, G. Olsen
D. Bailey
Minnesota
JerseyBearsGuy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Response Team
(Past Year: 173)