family guy to replace simpsons? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

family guy to replace simpsons?

Moderator: Football Moderators

family guy to replace simpsons?

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:05 pm

I heard from a few different people this rumour. I cant believe fox would get rid of the simpsons. I dont have a link for this so im looking to family guy fans out there (you know who you are) for some answers.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: family guy to replace simpsons?

Postby Tiki » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:46 pm

portisfan24 wrote:I heard from a few different people this rumour. I cant believe fox would get rid of the simpsons. I dont have a link for this so im looking to family guy fans out there (you know who you are) for some answers.
I think it's replacibg King of the hill , maybe.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Favre.com » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:54 pm

Family guy is flat out amazing. Even if it does replace simpsons some other network will pick up simpsons in a heartbeat.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:41 pm

Simpsons is signed for three more years, unfortunetley. Whats wrong with letting a show go out in its prime? They did the same thing to the X Files :,-( . Lets face it, the last 3 seasons of the Simps have sucked. Family Guy is awesome and Im glad Fox had the balls to admit they made a terrible mistake in cutting it.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:49 pm

Hopefully this isn't true, the Simpsons is too good to see being taken out. I agree lately their episodes have been lackluster, but it would be weird to have TV without the Simpsons.

Family Guy is great, I have watched their show since the beginning and I have no idea why they dropped it in the first place. King of the Hill sucks, I hope Family Guy replaces it.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jumpman8828 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:58 pm

Yeah. Family Guy would be the best show on TV easily, but I don't think Fox wants to lose those Simpsons ratings. They should lose King of the Hill without a doubt.

Family Guy+Simpsons+Arrested Development=Perfect Sunday Night.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Favre.com » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:43 am

I could never understand what type of show King of the Hill was supposed to be. I guess its SUPPOSED TO BE a comedy but it has like 1 good joke in every episode.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:55 am

For you Canadians out there - Global TV is having a Family Guy marathon on Wednesday night.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:41 am

Simpsons has been signed to a 3 year deal, with 2 years left on it. This is a rumour. I could see it taking over King of the Hill tho, which would be sweet. Family guy kicks ass, only show better than it is the Simpsons. That Sunday would own everyone.

Whoever said some other network would pick it up is right, even if the Simpsons get cutoff by FOX, theyll still be new ones coming somewhere else.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:48 am

I love the Simpsons, but I must admit that it has lost a fair bit of its game lately. You never see any realism in the episodes, its always got a crazed monkey in the episode nowadays. If they could get both Family Guy and the Simpsons it would be amazing, but if I had to choose it would be Family Guy.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk