family guy to replace simpsons? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

family guy to replace simpsons?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:08 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I love the Simpsons, but I must admit that it has lost a fair bit of its game lately. You never see any realism in the episodes, its always got a crazed monkey in the episode nowadays. If they could get both Family Guy and the Simpsons it would be amazing, but if I had to choose it would be Family Guy.
I Don't really even watch the Newest simpsons, there terrible. All There about is Marge and Homer trying to have sex. If yur doing that why not just put bart on some cocaine, and lisa have a baby and then u have a Teen drama. So if I had to choose Family guy all the way! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ibeckhami » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:54 pm

Family Guy is one of the best shows. And I wouldn't mind even if it did replace the Simpsons. I already bought the collection and everything. But that's because they banned the show. They sometimes show reruns, but they are not allowed to create now episodes.

So, as a result i think the creators are making up another show, I forgot what it was called now, but that may be replacing one of these shows.
ibeckhami
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flockers » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:03 pm

Family Guy is the funniest animated show on TV along with South Park. I have never been a really big fan of the Simpson's. I guess I'm just not in the Simpson Cult. :-/
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby CC » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:39 pm

I find South Park alright, but I think its overrated. I would watch Futurama over South Park or the Simpsons (mostly because I have seen like every episode of the Simpsons.)
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:58 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I find South Park alright, but I think its overrated. I would watch Futurama over South Park or the Simpsons (mostly because I have seen like every episode of the Simpsons.)

The great thing about South Park is the fact that it is a very well thought out show, and all the naysayers seem to think the exact opposite.

In the episode where they crap out their mouths, they always did it after they said something about a certain thing that was going on at the time (I forget what the topic was). Hence everything they said was bullsh*t.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tiki » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:20 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I find South Park alright, but I think its overrated. I would watch Futurama over South Park or the Simpsons (mostly because I have seen like every episode of the Simpsons.)
Futurama is a great show!! I think Cartoon Network hit big with Adult Swim. they show Family guy and Futurama. Their other shows are funny as well. The spin-off of "Jonny Quest" (One of my all-time Favorites)is hilarious. ;-D I agree bout S, Funny but got older and older.. But I still watch it!!
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:23 pm

The Ambiguously Gay Duo is pretty funny too. :-D
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:24 pm

Family Guy is much better then the new Simpsons. In its hey day the Simpsons were hilarious but now, its just sort of sad to watch. I wish it could have bowed out gracefully, but now its going to drag on. Most of the loyal fans have went to other shows by now.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:04 pm

Family Guy rules...no doubt it's the funniest cartoon to ever be shown on Fox...ohh if only they continued that series...

By the way, King of the Hill is coming to FX...so if there are talks about FG replacing something on Fox...that'd be the show I think.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby awwchrist » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:46 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:the last 3 seasons of the Simps have sucked.

last 3? You're being generous.

I can't even remember the last time I sat down to watch a new Simpson's episode. Prolly the last season that Conan O' Brien was a writer for.

Meanwhile, I think I'm on Family Guy rerun #3542515688.

But that's Fox for you. I could easily b*tchslap every TV exec for ruining some really promising shows..

Family Guy, Greg The Bunny, Undeclared..the last two may not have been stellar, but they were funnier than the Simpsons is now.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk