Ok, this has gone too far now. Priest and 2300 yds rushing? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ok, this has gone too far now. Priest and 2300 yds rushing?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:31 am

I agree Heat. I think he can rush for more yards than he did last year. There were a lot of quarters he sat out too, plus he allegedly wasn't 100% for most of the season. I don't see him getting more TDs than he had last year, but I definitely see more yds. Now 2300 rushing? Well...I wouldn't bet on it.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:45 am

WatchMeDisappear wrote:
GB Packer Fan 2004 wrote:I saw it on Sportscenter. No way he breaks 2000 yds.

Like there was no way Lewis could do it last year??

HUGE difference. First off, KC passes, Baltimore doesnt. Second, LEwis is a better athlete than Holmes, if theres any RB that can crack 2000 yards, it goes LT, Lewis, Green/Portis/Deuce. Holmes is not as athletic as these guys, hes just got the best Oline ever. HEs also in an offense that can throw the ball, unlike Lewis and LT.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GoalLineExtravaganza » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:26 am

2300 rushing yards is quite a number to pull out of a hat. But if Holmes comes out and says he is shooting for it I definately wouldn't bet against him. Although I do think he will need cooperation from the entire team like what is going on in Green Bay with Ahman Green. I personally think they will have to throw to much this year for him to get anywhere near even 2000. If I did have a pick for who will go for 2000 if they said they would, it would be him.
Two straight league championships and i'm going for three ;]

GoalLineExtravaganza
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:53 am

There is no way in hell Holmes will rush for 2300. Even if he averaged 5 yards per carry, he would need 460 carries to hit 2300. The Chiefs would never run their 31 year old back that hard in the regular season.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby citti34 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:54 pm

No way he'll get 2300, he'd get hurt if he got that many carries.
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:59 pm

2,300 yards rushing would be insane. I can't see anyone getting 2,300. Priest plays on a team with too many weapons for him to be that much of an offensive focus. LaDanian is more prone to getting 2,300 yards than Priest.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:05 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:2,300 yards rushing would be insane. I can't see anyone getting 2,300. Priest plays on a team with too many weapons for him to be that much of an offensive focus. LaDanian is more prone to getting 2,300 yards than Priest.

I completely disagree. LT is the Charger, so yes he'll get more % of the total offense, but they're total offense is such garbage that its yards over a season don't compare to KC's. Also, who other than Tony G. is a weapon that would take any significant number of touches away from Priest Holmes? Nobody.

It would be hard for any RB to do this, and certainly the team would have to help in this endeavor, but its by no means an insane goal for the Reverend.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:07 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:2,300 yards rushing would be insane. I can't see anyone getting 2,300. Priest plays on a team with too many weapons for him to be that much of an offensive focus. LaDanian is more prone to getting 2,300 yards than Priest.

I completely disagree. LT is the Charger, so yes he'll get more % of the total offense, but they're total offense is such garbage that its yards over a season don't compare to KC's. Also, who other than Tony G. is a weapon that would take any significant number of touches away from Priest Holmes? Nobody.

It would be hard for any RB to do this, and certainly the team would have to help in this endeavor, but its by no means an insane goal for the Reverend.

It was the exact same situation last year, and Tomlinson had more yards than Holmes...
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jumpman8828 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:12 pm

I don't know why people think Priest is such a great running back. He really isn't nearly as talented as the other guys in the top fantasy teir. Does anyone honestly think that any of them couldn't do better than Priest if they were in his situation?

Yes, he is the most valuable in a fantasy sense, but by no means is he the best running back in football.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby citti34 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:19 pm

He's much like a Denver back.
citti34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk