Madden 05, Panthers offense, DeShaun Foster - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden 05, Panthers offense, DeShaun Foster

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden 05, Panthers offense, DeShaun Foster

Postby Warpigs » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:56 pm

Was playing the other day and was amazed at how fast and fluid Foster ran after chucking a screen pass his way.

My stupid questions of the week: In what offensive series does Foster show up in? Do I need to physically go in and change Foster to a feature back to get him involved in more of the plays. I was assuming that the Panthers would have a few two-RB sets that would allow me to switch it up between Davis' pounding up the middle to some fast Foster scrambles around the end or for some quick dumpoff screens.

So basically, which plays have you guys found are the best for utilizing Foster in and what's the best way to get Foster into the action?
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AF » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:29 am

If he's the 2nd on the Depth Charts (which I'll assume he is) all you need to do is before you select your formations cycle through the different sets. One of the sets will be call "Spell RB", the only change in that formation is the 2nd HB will be in to give the starter a rest. That way you can sub in Foster whenever you want even if it is just for one play.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby hayesb26 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:42 am

Best plays that I have found for Foster are the screen plays out into the flats, the circle routes and runs outside of the tackles.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:07 am

I like using Foster on screen passes out of the backfield.

BTW, love the avatar hayes! ;-D
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:10 am

AF wrote:If he's the 2nd on the Depth Charts (which I'll assume he is) all you need to do is before you select your formations cycle through the different sets. One of the sets will be call "Spell RB", the only change in that formation is the 2nd HB will be in to give the starter a rest. That way you can sub in Foster whenever you want even if it is just for one play.

Yep, you just cycle through the different packages with the circle (ps2) button before you select the formation from the play call screen.

You also said you were looking for 2 rb sets, most formations in Madden also have a dual HB package that puts the #2 RB in in place of the full back (again with the circle button).

Just don't forget that in this year's Madden packages "stick." So if you pick spell HB from I-form, the next time you pick I-form the spell HB package will still be up unless you change it back.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby joester » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:52 pm

When I play with the Panthers, I put Stephen davis at FB and move Foster into the starting lineup. It is a very effective strategy that allows me to utilize both their skills at the same time.
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Warpigs » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:14 pm

joester wrote:When I play with the Panthers, I put Stephen davis at FB and move Foster into the starting lineup. It is a very effective strategy that allows me to utilize both their skills at the same time.

Wow - I think I like this idea the best. I like the resting RB idea -- but having Davis and Foster available every play would be nice and make it much harder for opponents to know which way I was going. Will Davis be a good enough blocker for this to be effective?

Thanks!
WP
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter

Postby Flockers » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:12 pm

Warpigs wrote:Will Davis be a good enough blocker for this to be effective?

Well, even if he isn't, Foster should be quick enough to get around the obstacle.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:21 pm

I would actually advise against it. Davis' awr at FB will be horrible, you'll run into TONS of plays where Davis just runs right past a defender and lets him hit Foster in the backfield. This will hurt you much more than any advantage you gain.

I would suggest just using the spell HB and dual HB packages. If you want you can throw in some dual HB packages on standard run plays as well as plays designed for the FB so your opponent can't just key on Davis when he sees dual HB, and you'll minimize the amount of broken plays do to Davis' awr at FB by not having him in all the time.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Warpigs » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:30 am

How do you "Spell RB" in X-box format? Can I do it with a simple button sequence so no one knows what's coming?

Thanks..
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter

Next

Return to Video Games