Steve the Air McNair - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Steve the Air McNair

Moderator: Football Moderators

Steve the Air McNair

Postby badass32 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:18 am

anyway, do u think he could do better than he did last year? i think that he could improve on the td's but everything else id pretty much perfect, i mean 24 td's- 7 picks thats a damn good ratio, anyway what will he do this year?
http://imgmywebpage.netscape.com/Smackthefirst/Deuce-Barlow-Sig.jpg/img
badass32
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:22 am

I think he will do better this year. hopefully he can stay healthy. also, eddie george was terrible last year, and i expect brown to be pretty good. that being said, teams wont be able to nickel and dime all the time on the titans.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Favre.com » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:25 am

I was looking over Georges stats from last year and he wasn't as bad as everyone seems to think he was. Still over 1000 yards even with the injury. I doubt Brown will be better. Mccareins (sp?) is lost and IMO thats a big blow to Mcnair. i can't see him putting up BETTER numbers, he'll struggle to even stay the same.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby lithium » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:09 am

I don't think McCariens will be a factor. He's got a big target in Bennett and Calico is going to prove himself this year. McNair will be fine.
Lithium
lithium
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:14 am

If Mcnair can stay healthy than he should put up better numbers than last year. It all depends on his health though.
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby nomadic_stranger » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:22 am

I'm picking McNair as a solid part of a 2QB team... If I had to rely on him as my only QB i'd panic and trade him. What I seem to be learning of the "new breed" of mobile QB's is that they get hurt a lot. When they play healthy they put up sick stats, but they'll disappear on you in a heartbeat. Give me a Manning, a TGreen, a Pennington or a Hasselback. Those guys I'll start every week. McNabb, McNair, Vick, CPep...I'm not so sure. Uh...I seriously just now realized how racist that post turned out to be and I SO didn't start it that way... But an interesting observation...
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=126466
Opinions ARENT like A-holes... I only have ONE A-hole
nomadic_stranger
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby lithium » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:25 am

I agree. If you have a QB who likes to run be sure to have backup. I got Vick and I made sure to get a good backup (Brady) in case he goes down.
Lithium
lithium
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby indecisiv » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:03 am

McNair has missed 3 games over the past 4 seasons. Thats just fine with me. I was under the impression that he was another 'tough as nails' player that consistently played through the pain. Wasn't it two years ago that he was injured, never practiced, but show'd up ready for every game at the end of the season?
indecisiv
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Shader » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:23 am

Favre.com wrote:I was looking over Georges stats from last year and he wasn't as bad as everyone seems to think he was. Still over 1000 yards even with the injury. I doubt Brown will be better. Mccareins (sp?) is lost and IMO thats a big blow to Mcnair. i can't see him putting up BETTER numbers, he'll struggle to even stay the same.

1000 yards is nothing. That is a poor barometer of a running backs worth. Look at his ypc..absolutely horrible. I'm guessing you didn't watch too many Titans games last year either.

Brown is definetely going to be better, provided he stays healthy. And Eddie didn't have an injury last year, so I don't know what you're talking about. Finally, Calico has more talent than McCareins, and while he may be a year away from being a 1 or 2 wr, he is going to make everyone forget about McCareins.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kanezfan11 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:48 am

I wouldn't doubt McNair and I'm very happy I just traded for him. He plays through injury most of the time and still puts up sick numbers. Eddie George does suck and will suck in Dallas, so he's not a huge hit at all. McCareins could be, but very doubtful since Calico has a sick future ahead of him.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk