The Bears should get Palmer - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Bears should get Palmer

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Bears should get Palmer

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:54 pm

The Chicago Bears have the 4th pick this year and it would seem possible for them to select Carson Palmer......Cincy has the #1 pick but I don't see them drafting and having to pay another #1 QB....I think Cincy is going to pick Charlie Rodgers from Michigan St......The #2 pick goes to the Lions who have Harrington and McMahon......the #3 pick goes to Houston who have David Carr.....So it would seem likely that the Bears SHOULD take Palmer....What do ya'll think about that....I think the Bears definitely need a QB...and Palmer fits the bill.,..
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Slingblade » Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:11 pm

carson palmer the best?..you have got to be kidding me
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby fntsyrookie » Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:13 pm

Palmer fits their bill quite nicely, but Cincy knows that too. I see the Bears trading up to get the #1 and take Palmer, or I see Cincy taking him and maybe offering him up as trade to someone. I don't know. I really don't follow the draft and all of its intracacies too much, so I don't know how the scenario will play out. I do know that a lot of experts are picking Palmer to go #1 though. If he does and Cincy doesn't want to waste another QB at #1 then somebody will have to trade up to get him...I can't wait for the draft so we can see who goes where.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:16 pm

Slingblade wrote:carson palmer the best?..you have got to be kidding me

I didn't say he was the best, I said that he fits in well with the Bears and what they need...He is the best QB in the draft this year...
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:42 pm

cincy would be stupid to take rogers. imo he is the best player in the draft but he is not what cincy needs. if they dont want palmer they should trade the #1.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Roseman » Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:49 pm

I think Cincy should trade down and get that extra pick cause they can use it

As for Cincy taking Rogers!!! Cincy need help just about everwhere so they might as well take Rogers

The Bears need a QB more than anyone in the NFL they should do what it takes to get the best and that is Palmer.
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby Indy Dragons » Tue Mar 04, 2003 6:52 am

IF M. Lewis gets his way in Cincy, they will be trading down, or drafting defense, if they keep the #1 pick. The Lions and Texans don't need a QB, so Palmer should fall to the #4 slot UNLESS other teams trade for that #1 pick. I've heard Carolina may go for it, and they need a QB.

I think Palmer would be what the Bears need, BUT they will probably have to trade up to get him, and many, many, many drafted QBs with unlimited potential have failed at the NFL level, that it is just too hard to predict who will become superstars, and who will fail!!
Indy Dragons
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DUKE » Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:21 am

I think the Bengals want to trade the pick. The problem is that if they don't have any takers than they are stuck with it. If they end up having to draft #1, I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see them take Palmer. I'd rather see them take Rodgers or pick some help on defense earlier than what they may be worth. The problem with taking Palmer is that it wouldn't make an imediate impact, which is what the Bengals need. They need to win now. Though I won't be surprised to see them take Palmer. Especially with him running around the combine telling everyone he wants to be a Bengal, and that he would be honored to be a Bengal. (translated as: i want to be picked first and paid fat )
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Roseman » Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:28 am

(translated as: i want to be picked first and paid fat )

I think you hit the Nail square on the head with that one Duke
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby The Sandwich » Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:13 am

I thiknk 4th is risky if they are hoping to get a franchise QB. Also I am not sold that Palmer is a franchise QB. I heard Chicago is on a short list of teams looking at Kordell Stewart. Either way I think they are screwed. They should try to get Jake the snake and then a top receiver.

PS Whatever happened to Marcus Robinson? I thought he was going to be a genius. %-6
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk