X-game duex thoughts. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

X-game duex thoughts.

Moderator: Football Moderators

X-game duex thoughts.

Postby moochman » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:42 am

Two thoughts immediately come to the forefront after watching this game: 1. The Lions D is absolutely no abibilty to stop the run. They have no contain and can be run on for big yardage to the outside with any back with speed. I suspect that they are try to get a pass rush and losing containment. Jauron has 2 weeks to fix that and given their current roster I see no help for him.
2. More alarming is that R Williams has yet to catch a pass. Early in the preseason Williams said that camp wasn't as hard as he thought it would be. After watching him against the Brownies I can see why. It's not hard if you don't try. He seemed to be very casual in his efforts to catch the ball. He had three chances and didn't make a good effort on any of them, even short arming one. It's only 2 X-games and a handful of plays but he has bust written all over him. Of course he makes one nice grab next week and I'll retract that staement faster than Bill Schreoder's arms on a pass over the middle.
Joey Harrington was trying to force the ball to Williams and showed an alarming lack of timing and accuracy. Timing is crucial in the SCO and if Joey can find it this O will rock. Why?
Because it looks like Kev Jones has the tools to be a solid if not stellar RB. He gained 29 yds on 6 carries and showed shiftyness that seemed instictive, like most great backs. He never broke open and so his speed is yet to be witnessed.
Pinner again got tough inside yards and shows real promise catching the ball out of the backfield. If he keeps this up he will be the #2 back behind Jones. Bryson looked better but looks to be a 3rd back in a 2 back system.
Fitzsimmons showed more great pass catching ability and could develope into a fine TE. Rogers caught one ball, a tough TD pass which seems to be his forte'. Joey look to Rogers in the endzone.
Az Hakim looked good getting wide open and catching everthing. Sleper?

As for the Brownies I will say this; they have a very talented RB corps. Suggs is the #1 over Green IMO. While Green seemed to run very hard, Suggs seemed to be hardly running. Suggs looked fast and powerful with a gliding stride that looks effortless. Stud in the making. Even thier 3rd stringer J. Jackson ran very hard, made nice cuts and choices. Plus he showed a great nack for catching the ball out of the backfield.
Garcia looked like he is still trying to fit into the Browns schemes. Winslow made one nice catch and looks like top TE. Very smooth route runner with great size and speed.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Detroit Lions